The last test was run over my main network; the first 2 were run with nothing but the router.
I have no anti-virus and this is most certainly nothing to do with that; this same machine testing over my network has consistently shown results of 1GB down 100MB Up. No running antivirus software on a PC or laptop would take 1GB down to 150.
As I started the thread there were no problems until this outage on the 2021-02-26 after that my speeds dropped down to 150-160MB range. Noting that at that time (and the rest of the time) I run the checks from a desktop that is on my home network (a completely separate machine than the laptop I ran this test on)
While I am Completely willing as well to admit I have made a mistake , I am confident that this is not a coincidence; the outage and the rate drop are related. Some change was made outside of my home either at the NOC or with cabling in our region that has caused this change.
running the following:
// force autotuninglevel to disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Has 0 affect on the speed. 3 different testing utilities reveal the same results on 2 different machines.
Not sure what it takes to ask UPC to look into any problems. 3 calls to customer service, posting here and nothing. I have been a customer for 6 years now without any real problems or issues. As of late it seems there has been a change with this Sunrise merge to the way things are handled when it comes to support.