Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-in-1 cable connection

SOLVED
Supporting Actor Film
0 6 0

Correct 2-Hole Wall Socket for UPC

I have a problem with the connection to my Horizon Box because the signal strength is very low (when viewed through the Horizon box diagnostic menu).

It shows perhaps 10% on the gauge where the "Signal Quality" shows 100%.

At best I can watch some TV but every few minutes I am interrupted by the error code screen "2020 lost connection".

If I plug the ConnectBox modem to the same socket, I have extremely low download speed & the box constantly restarts itself.

I have connected the horizon box directly to the cable coming from the street & the signal strength & quality are both 100% so the problem is clearly inside my house.

As a next step, I want to replace the 2-hole socket on the wall to rule this out before I call an electrician to run a new cable.

can anyone tell me which "prise d'antenne" is the best/correct one for UPC services?

e.g.
Would this one from hornbach be ok?
https://www.hornbach.ch/shop/Prise-dantenne-a-coupleur-directif-Schwaiger-RDS30531/5481917/article.h...

Merci beaucoup en avance,

Gabbo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
776 941 68

Re: Correct 2-Hole Wall Socket for UPC

@Gabbo , our technician dispatch department will contact you and make an appointment to check and replace the can if necessary.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
776 941 68

Betreff: Correct 2-Hole Wall Socket for UPC

@Gabbo , perhaps @glarner can help here?

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Community Manager
776 941 68

@Gabbo , our technician dispatch department will contact you and make an appointment to check and replace the can if necessary.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
0 6 0

Excellent @Daniele_UPC .

Thanks a lot for the fast responce...!

What great customer service... 

Supporting Actor Film
0 6 0

Just a quick follow up for anyone reading this at a later date.

I had a visit from a technician last Friday who managed to improve the current signal slightly to the point that the Horizon box is not longer giving on-screen errors. (modification in the box providing connection to the street).

They will return again to replace the main socket & fit a powered signal booster if necessary.

Overall very happy with the service I have recieved.