cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Channel Changeover on 27.08.2019

Community Manager

27.08.2019_EN_Update.png

UPC is currently preparing for the introduction of a 1 gigabit offer which will soon be available throughout Switzerland. In doing so, UPC is making a fundamental contribution to digitization in Switzerland.

UPC is currently preparing for the introduction of a 1 gigabit offer which will soon be available throughout Switzerland. In doing so, UPC is making a fundamental contribution to digitization in Switzerland. For this purpose, the company has continuously and systematically invested in its high-performance cable infrastructure. A further step in the direction of giga-speed is the TV channel change, which will take place on 27 August. Some customers will have to run a manual channel search that day.

Detailed information and instructions can be found at: upc.ch/change

Network being optimized with a TV channel change

As part of the preparations for 1 gigabit Internet, UPC will run certain network adjustments on 27 August, between 1 am and 12 noon.  During this time some TV services might be impacted. After the adjustments have been completed, a vast majority of TV devices – such as UPC TV and Horizon Recorders – will automatically recognize the changes and run a digital channel search. These customers will not have to take any action. However, with some older TV models directly connected to the cable network, customers may have to perform the channel search manually.

sticky_bar_EN.PNG

Detailed information at: upc.ch/change

UPDATE - 01.09.2019 - 17:15

If you miss a station on its original location after the station scan, perform a manual (not automatic) station scan with the correct parameters. This was helpful in many cases. You can find the parameters here: Setup-ID. It is important to use the appropriate Setup ID.

UPDATE - 27.08.2019 - 12:00

Dear Community,

The optimisation work on our network was a complete success – and another step towards gigabit speeds, with which we are pushing digitisation forward in Switzerland!

But first we would like to thank you for your patience.

Are you missing TV channels after the changeover, or do you want to set up your favourites again? On our overview page on the topic of Change Day we have collected all the important information for you.

Here you can also find step-by-step instructions so you can access all the channels again.

upc.ch/change .

8 Comments
Leading Role
TV Star

At last, we can receive Channel 5 HD and Travel channel HD is on for a comeback!

Leading Role

I'm not sure the pdf channel list is accurate.   It shows UPC is removing replay from BBC4, ITV3 and ITV4.

The file is called xxxx-legacy-xxx, which doesn't seem useful

TV Actor

Hi guys

I have looked at the channel list that is being lost for Horizon box users with UPC. In our area (Biel), we have lost 148 channels. Am I right in thinking, that unless we upgrade to the new UPC tv option, we have lost the use of those channels forever?    If this is correct, will we be getting a reduction in our monthly charge as we are paying for a package that includes those channels?

regards

Phil

Dear Community,

The optimisation work on our network was a complete success – and another step towards gigabit speeds, with which we are pushing digitisation forward in Switzerland!

But first we would like to thank you for your patience.

Are you missing TV channels after the changeover, or do you want to set up your favourites again? On our overview page on the topic of Change Day we have collected all the important information for you.

Here you can also find step-by-step instructions so you can access all the channels again.

upc.ch/change .

Hi Phil @Biggsp,

Customers affected by such changes were informed in advance in writing. You should have received this information as an invoice attachment. If this is not the case, your account can be checked in order to then activate the most suitable product at the most suitable price. Just send us your Customer number as a private message to @UPC_Team. We'll check and let you know as soon as possible.

BR, Serhat

TV Actor

Hi. Sounds interesting. No written information at all!! So, am I right in thinking our package is non existent now then??

TV Actor

Hi Daniele

Not sure I would call the changeover a complete success.  So many people that my wife has spoken to at PMI, that live in the Biel area never got notification in the post this was happening... even though it is stated on here that all customers got a letter explaining.

We now have to pay extra a month (because we didn’t get said letter with discount codes) as we have to upgrade to get the 148 channels that we lost from the premium package we are pying for!!

It took me about 6 hours yesterday either on hold or speaking to people on the 0800 668866 number (not going to call it a helpline!)... only to find out we will not get any discount as our package name was changed in 2017. This was done without our knowledge!! Asked to speak to a manager and the person on the phone refused my request!! Also asked if we will be reimburst for the loss of channels even though we are STILL paying for them and was told UPC does not do this!! Surely this is theft?!??

No disrepect, but how is this a complete success. UPC obviously have a major problem over this changeover muck up and the ‘helpline’ (ha) are not willing to help people.

Perhaps its a good thing that UPC have been bought out by Sunrise. Seems UPC have been sitting on their lorals and have stopped caring for their customers and just like the revenue that they are obviously racking in!!

regards

Phil