Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

1 Gbit/s Ethernet port on the Connect Box

I have a Connect 200 plan but my Connect Box (CH7465LG) has only a 100 Mbit/s Ethernet port. I don't use the modem's Wi-Fi so my connectivity is over ethernet. Is there a new version of the modem with a 1Gbit/s Ethernet port, so the uplink doesn't get capped at 100 Mbit/s?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
2221 790 165

Re: 1 Gbit/s Ethernet port on the Connect Box

Hello @drebes

The CH7465LG modem has Gbit ports available. What other devices have you connected in between? When you do the speed test, do you do it directly via LAN cable from the Connect Box to your PC? Please remove any switches and routers you have connected in between and try a new speed test. I also recommend to change your network card on your PC to Full Duplex 1Gbit.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
2221 790 165

Hello @drebes

The CH7465LG modem has Gbit ports available. What other devices have you connected in between? When you do the speed test, do you do it directly via LAN cable from the Connect Box to your PC? Please remove any switches and routers you have connected in between and try a new speed test. I also recommend to change your network card on your PC to Full Duplex 1Gbit.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Thanks for the confirmation. I've tried changing ports on both sides of the connection and still couldn't get above 100 Mbit/s, but realized that other Gigabit Ethernet devices connected directly to the modem could go above it. I then changed Ethernet cables and confirm that was it, nicely going up to 200 Mbit/s now.

Community Manager
2221 790 165

@drebes, thanks for your feedback. We wish you continued good entertainment.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team