Hi, I want to set my connect box in Modem mode to be able to use a more advanced router on my system so i can install a VPN on it instead of using a separate PI etc .
1) I assume my phone will still plug into the connect box.
2) Will the NEW UPC Tv receiver plug into my Connect box or into the new router?
3) Off topic, but what does the UPC TV need internet for anyway?
@misc15 , Welcome to the community!
Your modem is already switched to IPv4. You can set it to modem mode in the menu. If the menu is not visible, restart the modem.
Regarding your questions:
1. yes you have to plug the phone into the UPC modem
2. plug the UPC TV Box into the LAN port of your router After it is online, you have to open the port 2002 for the IP of your UPC TV Box to the outside
3. the internet is used for EPG, replay and the broadcasting rights
Thank you Daniele,
Slightly confused with point 2. Do I need to open a port through my router from the internet TO the UPC box (ie incoming) or only to allow an outgoing port from the TV box to the internet?