cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor
1 0 0

Connect Box - Wi-Fi speed (still) slow, not according to my plan.

Hello everyone.

I am UPC Cablecom customer since February 2014. My internet plan includes download speeds (up to) 250 Mbit/s.

Last week I received the new modem Connect Box CH7465LG Compal. However I am having trouble getting admissible speeds via Wi-Fi (for a 250 Mbit/s plan).

I have two different cases:

- First one with my laptop (which only supports Wi-Fi 2.4G) i get average Download values speeds​ of 40 Mbit/s. From the information i have about my laptop, this should reach speeds close to 70 Mbit/s.

- Second one with my iPhone 5S (which supports Wi-Fi 5G) i get different values ​​between 60 and 90 Mbit/s. From the information i know, the iPhone 5S is able to achieve maximum download speeds close to 150 Mbit/s.

In my opinion something is wrong and I should be able to get the maximum speeds via Wi-Fi on my devices (70Mbit / s in Laptop and 150Mbit/s on the iPhone).

When I run the test through cable, i can achieve the desired speed of 250 Mbit/s.

So I'm paying a 250 Mbit/s service, however i can only reach speeds that even not the 100Mbit/s package is able to reach.

Can anyone help me? @Anina @Adriana @UPC_Ex_Mod

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1801 550 76

Re: Connect Box - Wi-Fi speed (still) slow, not according to my plan.

Hello @apmarcoscivil

Thanks for your message and welcome to our Community! Have you already checked our tips for a better WLAN connection? Maybe they'll help you to increase your speed.

Thanks for your reply!

Kind regards,

Anina

----------------------------------------------------

Tipp: Mach hilfreiche Antworten auf deine Fragen sichtbar, indem du sie als Lösung akzeptierst. So profitieren auch andere Community-Mitglieder davon.
Astuce: Rendez les réponses utiles plus visibles en les acceptant comme solutions. Cela permettra aux autres membres de la Community d'en profiter également.

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re: Connect Box - Wi-Fi speed (still) slow, not according to my plan.

Hi @apmarcoscivil,

It is impossible to reach the speed you want by WiFi. There is too much interference and losses.

However, you can follow the tips that Anina gave you.

Kind regards,

Michael