Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Connect Box

good morning to you,

i have a problem with the new router - Connect Box. It seems that it automatically kicks out the connection to all devices attached like computer, printer and TV. On the computer, when standing idle, it automatically is being disconnected from the internet and i then thought "okay, maybe my set-up on the computer is wrong" - however, same thing happens now also on the TV and the printer and therefore i guess it might be the router which is disconnecting devices being idle.

Can you give me any help/assistance on this problem as i have to re-connect the computer and even on the TV and printer to add again the looooong password before it is connecting again which is quite annoying all the time, thanks beforehands your help.

best regards/Rubin

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re : Connect Box

Good evening @rubin,

Does this issue happen only with the Wi-Fi? Did you modify some settings in your Connect Box?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Re : Connect Box

hi Michaelhello, thanks your response.

No, the funny thing is that i did not do anything at all except changing the router from the 250mb download to a new one able the 500mb. Connected it as i should and then the troubles arose.This problem was not occuring with the old router, hence i can only guess that the new one creating the problem.

The TV is connected via ethernet, and being disconnected to the net. The computer and printer is via wifi and disconnecting as well once not used.

it seems as if the router has a build-in service that devices conneced will be dropped if not in used within a certain time-period. our Ipads are though working fine, but these we use daily which might then not fall under this eventual time-frame.

Best regards/Rubin

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Betreff: Connect Box

nobody able to help .... ???

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Hi @rubin,

Can you try to login into the Connect Box?

Enter the following address in your computer's Internet browser: 192.168.0.1. It will ask for a password. You will find the password on the bottom of your modem under "Settings password". Then, click on System -> Log -> Log Local and post what is written.

Best regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Hi Michael,

did what you requested but.... when arriving at the page of Connect Box i cannot find the 'system' despite have tried all available buttons, however when using 'network diagnostic tool' it is showing me as below. It does not show the printer at all - and that is indeed strange as the printer itself is showing that the WIFI is connected and has a very strong signal from the following ipaddress 192.168.0.180 with standard gateway 192.168.0.1,

Under subj. 5 below it is referring to a device which i do not know what is, we have 6 devices connected which is 2 ipads. two phones, one TV and this computer but nothing showing the printer ?

i dont know if the above (and below) makes any sense to you ?

Funny thing is that computer and printer is standing next to each other and should have the very same reception strength

Pleased to hear from you, thanks a lot,

best regards/Rubin

100%
Your home network has a few problems.
Checking Broadband Service
Checking Telephone Service
Checking Ethernet Connections
Checking WiFi Connections

If you still think something is wrong please check the following:

1 The temperature of your Wireless Gateway is normal.
2 Your broadband connection is up.
3 Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
4 Your broadband connection is ready.
5 The device 34:AB:37:32:5D:BD00:09:A7:06:47:1214:A3:64:10:43:F548:51:B7:B9:F4:E798:FE:94:AD:29:7A00:26:AB:6A:4AECC:78:5F:6B:C7C has low signal strength, please move it closer to Wireless Gateway.

Please check your WiFi is turned on or place your WiFi device near the Wireless Gateway.

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Hi @rubin,

Very strange the case with the printer. I don't really understand what is the problem

About the log, I gave you a wrong information. To have access to the log : Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Log

Cheers,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Michael, good evening

just before jumping to bed - i followed your new instructions, i do not have 'network log' but 'network status' which is showing as follows, hope it makes sense to you

Status

Downstream

Upstream

Configuration

Network Log

Refresh data
Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel(Hz) 594000000 Locked
Ranged Upstream Channel(Hz) 57900000 Ranged
Provisioning State Online Operational

the other points under tools are : ping, traceroute and MTU size.

have tried again to reset my printer and connect but failed, still showing 'offline' and impossible to print anything at all. i believe the easiest is to buy a cable to connect the two, then the troubles should be history

+

cheers/Johnny

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
16 4 0

Hi Michael,

i opted for the quick solution and bought a cable which solved the problems with my printer Then i only have to battle with the computer and TV to put in the password for the router each and every time i wonna connect. Thanks your help sofar anyway, this subject is closed from my side now i will just have to live with the fact that Connect Box/UPC is not an ideal solution.

best regards/Rubin