cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

ConnectBox and Devolo Powerline

After a long weekend with disconnected ConnectBox modem I came back to problems with my connection after switching back on. The Diagnostic app says unknown problem with Ethernet. 

I have constant outages and slow connections. Sometimes the LAN works bit WIFI not. Seems to dissappear when i remove the Devolo dLAN 500 Powerline. However I've been using the Devolos for years without problems. I've also swapped out the Devolo adapters but same issues. Any Ideas guys?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
3013 941 236

Re: ConnectBox and Devolo Powerline

@ukabam , Your modem seems to be in bridge mode. Accordingly the WIFI of the Connect Box is switched off. For this reason the Connect App probably doesn't work as far as measurements are concerned.

What kind of router are you using? Have you tried to put the Connect Box back into router mode and remove your own router? Is the speed better then? Will your Devolo work after that?

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Hi Daniele.

Thanks for the response.

No the ConnectBox was not in Bridge mode. WIFI was working fine.

However:

1. The ConnectBox no longer likes my Devolo Powerline I.E. Anytime I connect the powerline the internet connection starts giving problems (No LAN, No WIFI or No IP.). This is new as I have had the powerline in service for years. 

2. I could not switch the ConnectBox to Bridge mode becaues I was in IPV6 mode... had to call UPC to switch my modem to IPV4. 

3. Now the ConnectBox is in Bridge mode and I'm using my own Asus Router and Devolo Powerline and everything is great and much faster than before. I have all the configuration possibilities. I'm happy again. 

My conclusions: The ConnectBox is a piece of Merde. You should only use it in Bridge Mode.

Do you know if there is any alternative to the ConnectBox?

Community Manager
3013 941 236

@ukabam , We have no alternative to the ConnectBox. Regarding your error that when you plug in your Devolo, no IP, etc. is assigned - I suspect your Devolo was set incorrectly and tried to assign IP's which are assigned by the ConnectBox. But this is only a guess.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

UPC should seriously think about an alternative to the ConnectBox. It's not helping your popularity. I've been a customer for 20 years but haveseriously considered leaving since i got the Connect Box.

Maybe it's good enough for "Grand Ma" type Users but as soon as anything more creative is attempted it's just frustrating. 

Would prefer a "Dumb" Router option that does nothing except link me to UPC. The commercial Routers such as Asus and co do a much better job IMHO.