Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 1 0

Extremely poor Wifi on Connect Box

Hello, 

i have an issue with wifi only on Connect Box. I can't ever make it work faster than 10Mbit/s and it's not stable / disruptive.

I've tried changing 2.4 standards, channel width, switched to 5GHz - no effect.

Here are measurements I made in 2 meters from access point with no other equipment working at that time.

is something could be done? the problem is with wifi only. LAN is more or less fine.

BR,

Denis 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
395 176 28

Re: Extremely poor Wifi on Connect Box

Hi

Thank you for asking. 

Have you tried to optimize your wifi network with the upc connect app? 

Please try also to reset the connect box before by holding the reset button for at least 30 seconds. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 1 0

Hi Ahmet,

yes, upc app says that my wifi is perfect. Just made full reset - same story.

i read somewhere that the temperature of the device make sense. but in my appartement coaxial cable connection outlet is just in half a meter from the biggest heating radiator. could it be the reason? i'm unable to move it elsewhere because of cable unfortunately.

BR,

Denis

Highlighted
395 176 28

Are you checking the speedtest with cnlab? Please use hsi.upc.ch for downloading the app. Try to check with lan first and than with wifi. 

The heating radiator is for sure not a positive factor. Longterm you should consider to install a second signal socket in another room. Costs are about a one time fee of CHF 120-150. But it's up to you. 

Maybe some of our advanced users can also give some advises here?

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 1 0

i'm testing with both speedtest and cnlab

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 1 0

but the way it's awful there is no phone line to contact technical support. is it normal from customer experience that i'm redirected there from cancellation service? in other words, the approach is: technical support is only when customer decided to quit.