cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

Fiber only to the Building, what can I get?

Hello everyone,

I'm moving into a new apartment in two weeks in 8045 Zürich, and I have used the "connection availability" in other providers to see what kind of connection could I get in that new apartment. Silly of me, I thought that Fiber was a given in every single apartment in Zürich, but it turns out it's not.

This apartment does not have an OTO box, from what I've gathered the building has Fiber reaching it, but it's in the basement.

I am wondering what kind of connection is the Giganet, and if I would be able to get this in my apartment. In that case, what would be the maximum speed connection? Also, what about ping and latency? What kind of technology would be used? I can find none of this information in your website and the contact number is only in Deutsch, French or Italian.

I would love to get Fiber but I don't know if it's possible.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
6128 1551 469

Re: Fiber only to the Building, what can I get?

@fiberguy , Welcome to the Community!

I will gladly answer your questions:

- I am wondering what kind of connection is the Giganet, and if I would be able to get this in my apartment. In that case, what would be the maximum speed connection?

With the following link you can check if the products are available at your address. If so, you can have 1Gbit /100mbit as maximum speed. 

- Also, what about ping and latency?

This depends on the application you use and the peerings we have in the country where the server is installed.

- What kind of technology would be used?

We use the following technology, which is described on Wikipedia

- I can find none of this information in your website and the contact number is only in Deutsch, French or Italian.

If you want to reach our customer service, call 0800 66 88 66 and dial 1 for german. After that, get connected with a person who speaks English.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team