Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Giga Connect Box - Internet Random Timeouts

Hello,

It's been few  weeks since I switched my subscription from Happy Home 600 to the new Giga one. After the switch I am experiencing randomly packet loss and Internet disconnections.

I have already opened last weekend a ticket (Ticket 12918895) with the promise somebody will call on me the 15th October 2019, but since then nobody contacted me.

ping-pc1.pngping-pc2.png

The issue still persists, and on my side I tried everything possible to pinpoint the issue without any success. Please note that the two pc I ran tests are connected via Ethernet Cat 6 cables to the GigaConnect Box and speedtest using the cnlabs reports a reasonable gigabit speeds.

speedtest.png

I have noticed that if I run the diagnostics the box, it reports errors even if it's working normally:

diag.png

Sometimes, especially when daughter is playing online games, she got disconnected from the servers, and the Internet connection is not working for circa a minute, then the connection is back and she can continue play the games.

I am out of ideas, but there's still one thing I would like to try is to switch the box on IPv4 and use either on IPv4 or in modem mode.

@Daniele_UPC is it possible to have the modem switched to IPv4 so I can test directly and see if the issue still persists? I would also give the modem mode a try, since I already have an high-end router on my side and see if my issue got solved?

Thanks, best regards

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
3159 978 245

Re: Giga Connect Box - Internet Random Timeouts

@ilganna , Welcome to the Community!
Thanks for the test results. I switched your modem to IPv4. Please start a measurement series via CNLAB. Then contact our support so they can add the UID of CNLAB to your ticket.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Hi @Daniele_UPC ,

Thanks for switching my modem to IPv4!

I will indeed run the tests as soon as I can and communicate my UID to the tech support people.

Again, thank you very much!

Best regards

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

What came of this?

I coincidentally switched to IPv4, too, as I otherwise couldn't connect to my work's VPN, and it was better for two days, but since Saturday I get the same packet loss and game freezes again, so to me looks like it isn't this. 

There seems to be a problem with the Giga Box. 

248 110 12

Hi. Could you please send us you customer number as DM. We would like to check on that too. Best regards, Ahmet

Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Hi womafina,

After switching to IPv4, it seems that the connection was indeed better, but a couple of times I had some extended issue with DNS resolution on a specific pc (while the other clients were fine). In any cases, I had around a router, so I set my Giga Connect box in modem mode and since then everything is working like a charm. (if you're wondering which one I use, it is a DrayTek 2926 Vac one; thing that I like very much of this router is that the boot/reboot process takes only 5 seconds).

I need also to mention that two gentlemen from UPC Technical support took a look on my line and they concluded I have no issue with the physical signal/strenght and/or the connection to their backbone.

It may be a "flaw" on the box firmware in router mode, but sincerly I had no time to run extensive tests on that direction.

Thanks, best regards

Ilganna

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Thank you very much for that, I think I will buy a router too and put the Giga Connect Box into modem mode.

Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

I am experiencing the same issues since switching to the new UPC Giga Connect Box.

Especially when playing Overwatch I get huge lagspikes / rollbacks with constant packetlosses.

Additionally my TV-Box very often get's disconnected from my WLAN and doesnt reconnect properly, so I am forced to reset my TV-Box.