Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Giga Connect Box

Hello all.

Please, I need help from the community to fix an issue with the Giga Connect Box. 

I've made an upgrade from a Connect Box to a Giga Connect Box and since then the wi-fi got unstable on my computer (old ASUS computer with windows 10 32 bits)but not on my cell phone. I can see the computer still connected to the Giga Connect box but with no acess to the internet.  I have to reconnect manually due to the option to connect automatically gets disabled when loses the internet access. 

Thanks and best regards,

Alberto Pastore

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

Re: Giga Connect Box

@albertopastore , Welcome to the community!

I have renamed your 2.4 GHz WIFI UPCxxxxx67_2.4GHz. Please connect your devices, which are further away only with this WIFI. All other devices which are closer to the modem can be connected to the UPCxxxxx67 WIFI. Try it again afterwards.

I also recommend to delete your network card (incl. driver) in the device manager of the control panel and to restart your PC. Afterwards the driver will be installed again.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hello Daniele, thanks for your response.

I'm now using the UPCxxxxx67_2.4GHz WIFI and it's better but still unstable.

I haven't deleted the network card yet but I will try to delete it to check if it gets stable. I've tried to update the driver but Windows says it is the best driver I can get.   

Please, on the picture attached, is the marked item the network card I need to uninstall ?

Many thanks and bets regards,

Alberto

Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

@albertopastore ,Please delete the two Qualcom entries. If you are asked to delete the drivers as well, select yes.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hello, good morning.
I've uninstalled (there is no option to delete) the entries and restarted the compute but still unstable. Usually early morning is the worst period of the day, just now I'm struggling to get the computer connected to the internet.
I've upgraded the internet connection to have a better speed but it's impacting in my work.
I don't know what else to do...
Regards
Alberto
Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

@albertopastore , I have made one last adjustment on the modem which will be finished in about 30min. Restart your modem afterwards. If you have problems, please reset your modem. Press the reset button on the back of the modem with a pointed object for at least 25 seconds. Try it again afterwards.

Please also try to bring your laptop closer to the modem and update all drivers.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team