Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager
5201 1377 404

Betreff: Giga Connect box switch to IPv4

@gdjdtjm , Could you please send me a photo from the bottom of your new modem via private message? The new Modem ist not active yet.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 2 0

I've sent it as you requested and I nave no internet access at all for more than 1 hour yet 

Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

One hour?  They cut me off Thursday morning and I've had no internet, a TV box that only half works, and a completely dead landline since.

Luckily, Wi-Free works.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 2 0

Dear Daniele, I really can't understand what you've broken the old link for?

Could you recover it until when you will troubleshoot the new one?

I'm not ready waiting for days without a connection. Should I call to your hot line?

Highlighted
Community Manager
5201 1377 404

@gdjdtjm , I have just sent you a private message. The activation of the new modem is an automatic process. We have not intervened here.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 2 0

@adrianlondon Finally it turned out that's a problem is between a modem MAC address and an UPC activation system. As a solution UPC propose me to go to their parter shop for exchange a modem or to wait for a new one.

So, they disabled my old connection and leave me without connectivity for more then two days.

It's a worst service ever I've expirienced. Never agaain. I recomend you to find a better provider.

Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

That's the same as my problem last Thursday.  They seem unable to update the MAC address against our profile to match the one in the  modems they send out.

I warn you ... they got to that stage with me and sent me a new modem.  Which also won't activate.   I've currently been disconnected for 6 days with no solution in sight.  I'm expecting a refund of fees paid once this is finally over. 

I actually like UPC, and this is the first major issue I've had in the many years I've been with them.  I don't understand why they can't activate the modems they send out, bor why their system is so stupid it goes "ooo new modem, let me de-activate the old one before deciding if I can activate the new one" but I'll wait and see what happens with the one I have now. 

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 2 0

@adrianlondon OMG, It's absolutely impossible for me such a service disruption. Thaank you for the warning. May be I'll better order a service from another provider just right now.

Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

The fact we both have the same problem is actually a good thing!  It means they'll take the issue more seriously.  I don't actually think any other provider is better - they all have their issues.  Do you feel brave? :-)

Do you use the UPC "Wi-Free" functionality?   That is keeping  me online as best as it can.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
9 2 0

Every provider has its own issues but each of them takes care about it differently. No one from UPC even try to excuse for such inconvinience.

I've been to UPC partner shop right now they couldn't help me to solve the problem also.

Yes I use WiFree but it performs fairly poor.