Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
12 4 0

Re: Giga connect box dropping internet connection over wifi

@Daniel_UPC

Thanks very much, hopefully that solves the problem!
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
12 4 0

This is getting slighly ridiculous.

@Daniele_UPC kindly organised a replacement modem. This worked fine for a week, and now the problems are back, and even worse. Sometimes even initiating a speed test 'crashes' the network, let alone doing a daily backup or streaming something.

I've been trying to diagnose the problem as well as possible, the screenshots below illustrate the enviroment during a loss in network.

1. pings between my machine and the router, and my machine and googles DNS servers - 100% packet loss.

1.png

2. Signal strength etc etc at the same exact time - all perfect

2.png3.png

I've tried changing things on the machine side, adding google DNS servers to my config, flushing DNS caches, changing network settings. If anything the problem seems to be spreading, other computers are now also affected by this problem. 

I work from home, and access to the internet, but MORE importantly, access to my server/NAS is paramount to my work. With the previous 'slim' connect box I never had a problem, but now my whole network is basically unusable.

Is there anything more UPC can do?

Highlighted
Community Manager
6589 1621 499

@Pix , Since we have already exchanged your modem, I ask you to contact our support by phone so that they can check further details together with you.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

are there any updates to this story? my internet drops too after some time with qbittorrent open over wifi.

Highlighted
Community Manager
6589 1621 499

@tazztone ,Welcome to the community! 

How many simultaneous downloads and uploads have you set at Bittorrent? Maybe I would reduce this number and check the stability again afterwards. It would be even better to download the files with a PC via LAN cable.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

i have set it to 1 each with 5 active torrents
and it still died on me yesterday.
max global connections 300
max connections per torrent 20
max upload slots 5
max upload slots per torrent 1

normally i use a cable but temporary circumstances force me to use wifi atm.

anyway i was just wondering what causes the total loss of internet for a few minutes until it comes back online
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

I have the same issue. My desktop is connected by cable, having no problem at all, while 2 phones and 2 laptops are connected via wifi simultaneously. 

While having WoW, and youtube running on the desktop and a zoom meeting on one of the laptops, the wifi keeps disconnecting.

This traffic should eaily be manageable by any router, considering, its rated for 1gbit/s.

Highlighted
Community Manager
6589 1621 499

@Khell , Welcome to the community! 

If you like, we can switch your connection to IPv4. Afterwards you can test if the error pattern is still present.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Thanks for the welcome

I don't know how thatwould change anything, as the wired connnection doesnt have any problem. its the wifi network that keeps disconnecting devices, while the wired connection works without a hitch

Highlighted
Community Manager
6589 1621 499

@Khell , Regarding your WIFI, please give your 5GHz WIFI a different name. Once you have done this, reconnect to your 2.4GHz WIFI - it will transmit more speed and is stable. If you have further interruptions, try to move your modem closer to your device or vice versa.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team