Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Gigabox activation

Hi UPC,

This morning, I received a new Gigabox to replace my Connect Box.

It's configured, and the admin home page says I'm connected to the internet, but it lies

I assume there's an automated process which will port my IPv4 address from my old box to the new one.  I've left it on for a few hours (with two reboots, because that's what I do in IT) but I still can't access the internet.

Not urgent, as the wonderful feature of Wi-Free is keeping me online, but could you give the process a kick for me?

EDIT:  Not sure if it's relevant, but the MAC address (shown under admin/Info) doesn't match the one you have when looking under "My Products" when logging in on the UPC web page.  The serial number is correct, just the MAC address is wrong.

Thanks!

PS to anyone reading this, if you've not activated the Wi-Free feature, you should do.  It's very useful whenever you have issues with your own box or cabling (provided a neighbour nearby is also a UPC customer).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Betreff: Gigabox activation

It's working!  It took 6 days but I'm back online and feel welcomed back into the 21st century.

Thanks for all the work you did to organise this @Daniele_UPC.  I'll take mny old connect box and the original Giga box to the Basel store over the next few days.

If you have the authority to look at my account and reduce the charges for the 6 days I was suffering that'd be great too. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@adrianlondon , The activation is completed. Can you please restart your modem? Please excuse the delay.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Hi @Daniele_UPC ,

Thanks for replying.  I've rebooted  a couple of times after leaving the modem on all night and still no go.  The box thinks it's connected to the internet, the status says it's connected, but I can't access the internet from any device.

As a further check, I ran the diags from the UPC TV box and that confirms there's no internet connection. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@adrianlondon , Is the modem you can see in the screenshot the new one you got by mail on June 11th, 2020? We have a different MAC number in the system (ends with 78:2D)

Can you please send me a photo of the bottom of the modem via private message?

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Yes, it's the one I received yesterday. 

As I added in my first message, the MAC address shown in the admin menu doesn't match the one shown online under "My Products".  The serial number looks the same though.

I'll send you a photo!

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@adrianlondon , We will check the discrepancy between your information and the information in our system. You will be informed via SMS as soon as your modem is online.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Thanks Daniele!

Your fast responses here are always appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@adrianlondon , Thanks a lot!  I just got the message that we have to replace your modem again. The exchange has been initiated.

Please excuse again the service interruption caused by the new exchange.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Thanks.  I guess this will arrive next week.

Will my old Connect Box work until then so I can use Replay and Recordings on my TV box?  If not, I'll have to actually plan my TV viewing and watch stuff live

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@adrianlondon , If your old modem is still working, the UPC TV Box will work. If your old modem doesn't work anymore, there would only be Live TV. Maybe you can borrow a neighbor's WIFI? Then you can connect the UPC TV Box via WIFI.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team