cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

I cannot send mails from my icloud account.

My wife cannot send mails via het icloud account. She can receive.  I have searched on apple and googles as well. Apparently the "UPC" server is not accepting smtp traffic via icloud.  Does anyone know how to help?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
4915 1318 381

Betreff: I cannot send mails from my icloud account.

@flachlander01 ,Welcome to the community! 

Please set the SMTP server (outgoing mail server) as follows:

2020-03-30_09h45_22.png

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Betreff: I cannot send mails from my icloud account.

Thank you Daniele,

This I have tried but the wording of things I had to fill out is not quite similar - although I could recognise most... and there is no SMT security field to fill out.

I then reproduced same settings again as I have on my iMac and macbook.... also that didn't work because only option was icloud (server off line)  where it should have been icloud.

It was solved when I phoned again Apple support with your input data. The person suggested something else first:  Log off from Apple-ID account  < Apple-System Einstellungen - Apple-ID - Ubersicht - Abmelden.

Turn of Mail program.

Then PC Restart. Mail still off.  < Apple-System Einstellungen - Apple-ID  and log on the Apple-ID. => Computer is synchronised again with iCloud.

Open Mail    wait untill the mail account is build up again automatically.

AND THEN IT WORKS !!

without your input I would have felt insecure to go back to Apple Support because there instructions did not work last time - so they suggested to go and talk with UPC.

All well ends well.