Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Supporting Actor TV
4 3 1

Internet connection instability

I'm facing from a few months now that my internet connection have some connection stability problems.

Every day i notice that i loose my internet connection, at the beginning i tough it was from my mobile phone that from some reason just looses the connection, but now with a new phone just happens the same.

Recently i have guests ho have notice that despite they have wireless connection that don't have internet.

So, for all that i can only assume that is a problem with the modem (i have the old connection box).

It is possible to send me the an new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 3 1

Re: Internet connection instability

HI @Daniele_UPC ,

Is you think changing to IPv4 can solve the problem, please do it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager
4058 1161 314

@jmcm ,We have checked the settings of your modem. I noticed that your WIFI have the same name. Can you please give your 5GHz WIFI a different name. At the end you could simply add _5GHz. Please test it again by connecting to the 2.4GHz and then to the 5GHz WIFI.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 3 1

@Daniele_UPC , thank you for your help

I just realize that problably i don't need the 2.4 GHz signal, so i just disabled.

Regarding the problem that i'm facing is not related to the wi fi but with the wired network (so internet) as i notice im my TV (is connected with cable) and in my desktop that i just loose my internet connection. Is for short time like few minutes but even i think is not normal when is in a daily basis.

I only notice this after i change the new contract and new modem, before i had no complains even with lower speed.

For example in my phone (with wi fi) is quiet often that he switchs to 4G as he had no internet connection on wi fi.

Regards,

José

Highlighted
Community Manager
4058 1161 314

@jmcm , We can switch your connection to IPv4 as a test and you can then test if the interruptions are still there. If so, I recommend you contact our technical support.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 3 1

HI @Daniele_UPC ,

Is you think changing to IPv4 can solve the problem, please do it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
396 175 28

Hi. We've switched your modem to IPv4. Please check it later on.

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 3 1

Hi @Ahmet_upc,

For the last 15 days i didn't notice any problem. So problem solve.

Thank for your support.

Highlighted
396 175 28

@jmcm Thank you for the feedback. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet