Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 5 0

Internet connection lost

Dear @UPC_Team,

I turned off my Connect Box router while I was on holidays. Today when I got back home and turned it on it doesn't connect to the Internet anymore. Wifi is working and I can access the setup where it says "US ranging". On the device the green light with arrows keeps blinking.

I has been like this for several hours.

I have tried  to reboot manually by turning the device off and on again and I have tried to reboot from the setup. I've also ran the diagnostics from the admin menu.

I just recently changed my box from IPv6 to IPv4.

https://community.upc.ch/t5/Connect-Box/Switch-to-IPv4/m-p/154603

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager
3669 1080 284

Re: Internet connection lost

@teelmo ,Please reset your modem to factory defaults. Press the reset button gently with a pointed object on the back for about 20 seconds.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 5 0

Thank for the reply @Daniele_UPC!

I have now reseted the modem to factory defaults. First, from the admin settings and second manually.

The problem remains.

If I remove the internet cable it says "DS scanning", if I reattach it "US ranging".  

Highlighted
Community Manager
3669 1080 284

@teelmo , Please check all cables, if they are connected correctly in the box and are not damaged. If you connect a TV to the socket, do you have TV channels after a search?

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 5 0

I hadn't touched the cables before turning the device on so I would assume everything should be fine on that part. I also tried unplugging and replugging the cables. I also checked that there is no visible damage in the cables.

I am connected to the TV socket (or the one next to it) so I will try to research for the TV channels when I get back home. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
3669 1080 284

@teelmo ,We have opened a ticket (13227198) and forwarded it internally to the technician disposition. Since you live in a partner network, we will discuss your request with the partner network responsible. You will be informed about the further process by (mobile phone).

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Community Manager
3669 1080 284

@teelmo , The partner network has given us the following information:

- we have an input signal interference on the last floor
- on 11.02.20120 two technicians will eliminate the cause in the afternoon
- since you are not at home, they will call you on Wednesday morning and ask if everything is working to your satisfaction again

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 5 0

Dear @Daniele_UPC,

thank you for letting me know and thank you for your help!

This is true that I will be working during the day. I'm looking forward to check the situation when I'm home tomorrow and I will report the result.

Best,

_teemo_

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 5 0

Thank you @Daniele_UPC @UPC_Team,

problem is now solved. MY internet connection is working again.

Best,

_teemo_