Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

Internet crazy slow after moving

Hi,

after moving I get really slow internet conenction over my WiFi, I have a connect 200 abo, but the maximum I get at the cnet test is 12 mbit, which is quite crappy. 

I have the same modem, but the cable was changed due to the different outlet on the wall, but that's it. Wired connection seems to work better, but wifi is unusable.

I tested it with the connect app, it did the optmization and I have redone the measurements but no significant improvement.

Cnetid : 6301646751635067

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
2242 793 166

Re: Internet crazy slow after moving

Hello @maczikasz, welcome to our community!

I checked your signal values and they are okay. You are writing that you used the Conenct app. Via the Connect App you can order a Powerline Adapter, which amplifies your WLAN signal. Please order an adapter. After you have received it, install it according to the instructions. Then test your WLAN connection again.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

Hi, sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I ordered the powerline adapters and installed them, but unfortunately the intenrnet speed is still very bad, but wifi signal seems to be strong now.

I did a measurement in a few meters from the connect box and still only got 35

https://ux.cnlab.ch/speedtest/Controller?page=UserReport&language=en&userid=6301646751635067

Community Manager
2242 793 166

@maczikasz, please place your Powerline Adapter closer to the Connect Box. Otherwise the powerline adapter repeated a weak WLAN signal.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

My last measurement was actually the same room as the connect box and it still got slow speed
Community Manager
2242 793 166

@maczikasz, I see that you have 6 devices connected via LAN. So you have your own hardware (Powerline Adapter?). Regarding the speed test, please use the 5GHz WLAN. At the moment all your devices are connected via 2.4GHz. This WLAN doesn't have much power. Also, if you are doing a speed test, I recommend to remove all devices via LAN so that no other devices affect the bandwidth.  If everything is useless, please contact our technical support at 0800 66 88 66.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

My setup is the following

Connect box -> xbox and powerline adapter (form upc i have no personal hw) are connected via cable

I have my robot vacuum and tv on the non repeated wifi probably

Then i have 4 phones and 2 laptops on the repeated one

I had really problems with the 5g network with my macbook but that may be a client rpoblem i eill try eith a windows machine and redo the test after changing ssid hence kicking of evreyone