cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Internet not working in Lutry

When I woke up this morning, the internet connection was playing up and despite restarting it twice, it is still not working. I'm currently on hold with UPC technical support and have been for 40mins so far and no one is picking up. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Re: Internet not working in Lutry

After being on hold for 55 minutes, the music cut out and I was left with silence. I hung up and the internet is still not working . Not very impressive customer service.
73 33 4

Hi. Thank your for reaching out. Does your issue still persist?

Cheers,

Ahmet

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Hi Ahmed,
Thanks for following this up. The internet is working fine again now. The disruption lasted for about 2 hours or so and then went back to normal.
73 33 4

Hi,

I am glad to read that. Feel free to get in touch with us, if you would face any difficulties.

Cheers,

Ahmet

Leading Role
213 123 8

For situations like this, I highly recommend using the UPC Wii-Free networks as a test.

This is activated for everyone by default.  Get/set your passowrd for it and then test it.  You can't test it on your own Connect Box (or Horizon box for those who like an s&m version of a cable TV box) so you need to *turn your modem off* and then you should hopefully see the UPC Wi-Free network being transmitted by one or more of your neighbours.  Connect to it.  Log in and surf, to prove it works.  Then, turn your box back on and use your own network as usual (as the free network is limited in speed).

In future, if you lose internet, do the above. If you can log in and surf, it means the issue is with your cables/box.  If the login fails (it'll connect but reject your user/password) then it means the neighbour's internet is down too.

I always do the above when I lose internet, as it's comforting to prove the issue isn't just me