Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Interruptions and high latency since september 2018 - still not solved

Hello,

This is my last try at this issue.

Basically since september last year I am having interruptions of 1-5 seconds, while surfing but also and more annoyingly, while gaming.

I have gathered some logs and I see a packet loss that can get to 100% when accessing "aorta.net" from my place. See the attachment.

I have called several times and finally I was visited by a technician that confirmed me that almost the whole building was "in red", he mentioned it should be improved in about half a month. 

After I did not notice any improvement, I called again. After some days I got an sms mentioning that my network problems were "caused by my local WLAN". Yet after running several network analyzers, and disconnecting absolutely all devices in the WLAN, I still have this issues. There might be as well something wrong with the connect box, as the web GUI does not always load properly.

Below my speed tests:

https://ux.cnlab.ch/speedtest/Controller?page=UserReport&language=en&userid=4322444363123040

Could you please give me a solution that does not go through changing provider?

Thank you so much in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
3013 941 236

Re: Interruptions and high latency since september 2018 - still not solved

@RedTony , Welcome to the Community!
I have changed your modem to IPv4 so that you can test if your reported error still occurs. Regarding the ping or tracert to Aorta.net - you have no packet loss, but the router does not respond to pings and tracert. So everything is fine.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

@Daniele_UPC thank you!

I will test it during this week and let you know if the problem is solved.

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Dear @Daniele_UPC  

Happy 1st of August!!!

Thanks for the try, but the issues continue with IPv4 connection. Actually the issues get worse little by little, now it's strange if I can play/surf without interruptions for more than 5 minutes.

Could it be an issue of the router/connect box itself? Could I ask for a replacement?

Regards,

Tony

172 83 8

Hi. @RedTony

We've decided to replace your modem. You will receive it within the next days. Very important. Please use only the new supplied cables and remove everything that still belongs to the old modem.

Cheers,

Ahmet

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Dear Ahmet, dear Daniele,

First of all, thank you for the support. Kindly let me know if I have to send you back the all modem.

I have replaced the modem and tested the connection, and the problem is still there, to be more specific:

- Video Streaming is flawless (e.g. Netflix, youtube). Surfing is also ok, VoIP communications as well.

- Online gaming is not ok. It can be perfect for an entire morning and suddenly latency peaks come, that freeze my character for 1-5 seconds every few minutes, which basically renders games unplayable. But during this latency peak, the voice chat continues to work perfectly (?)

The funny thing is, it only happens with my home connection. If I connect somewhere else, or via 4G, or even when I connect to UPC WiFree, this problem is not existing. 

I gathered two WinMTR during these problems, they are attached. If you can help me identify the problem I would really appreciate it...

Community Manager
3013 941 236

@RedTony ,Your signal values are fine. Neither do we see what can explain your error. Can you please write something about your setup? How exactly did you connect your PC? Are there any own devices in use, like powerline, switches, routers, etc.?

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Hi Daniele,

I am attaching two pictures, one shows the modem situation, the other shows the general home layout, the red circle on the left is where the modem is.

I am just wondering how I can debug it, as it does not follow any pattern. Basically:

- Last Saturday it was working perfectly until the evening, then it started giving trouble. At that moment there were like 5 devices connected to the WiFi.

- This Saturday (yesterday) it was terrible, with latency peaks of up to 8 seconds. In the evening I had like 1 hour when it worked well, but then latency peaks came back.

As usual, my solution is just switch to Wi-Free connection and then everything is fine, but WiFree is also coming from you (UPC Cablecom) so I do not really understand the problem. Do you have any idea on how I can debug it?

watching video and surfing is perfect, problems come just if I am playing or streaming.

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

I forgot to say, this Saturday (yesterday) there were no other devices connected to the WiFi.
Community Manager
3013 941 236

@RedTony , In the 2.4GHz range it has many active WLANs in your building. You can manually adjust the channel of the WIFI once and then test it. If this does not help, I recommend you to contact our telephone support.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team