Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Issues installing WiFi booster

Hi all, 

I've been unsuccessfully trying to install my WiFi booster for the last 2 days. 

I've followed the guidance to not have them near any electrical appliances or large TVs, and they're plugged into their own sockets. Both devices pair and show a solid white light, but when I get to the last stage of pairing i.e. 'Connecting Wifi booster to your existing network, this may take up to 10 minutes' it fails. 

I've tried the process 6-7 times, and rebooted both the Connect Box and the Wifi Boosters the same amount of times, nothing seems to make it work. 

Any ideas?

Andy 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager
5201 1377 404

Re: Issues installing WiFi booster

@Nardies , Welcome to the community! 

Please reset your boosters from factory settings. Please try again afterwards. Maybe you can access your Powerlines via http://upc-ap and set everything manually? The passwords are noted on the backside.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Hi Daniele, 

Thanks, this got it working for me! Following the manual process seems to be the way forward! 

Andy

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

And what does it mean if the page fails to load (upc-ap)? Also after doing a factory reset on the boosters?

Highlighted
Community Manager
5201 1377 404

@meems ,  Welcome to the community! 

After you have done a reset, you have to install the devices again via Connect App.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Thank you. I did a reset, then a reinstall with connect app, then tried to go to upc-ap to finish the set up. But is it not working. And when I try to scan the signal, I can't even get that to complete for the modem let alone determine if the boosters improved signal anywhere in my home. Sadly, not a simple set-up AT ALL. 

Any further advice is welcome.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5201 1377 404

@meems ,Please contact our support on 0800 66 88 66 and they will guide you through the installation step by step.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team