Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 1

No Broadband Service for Weeks

After moving into a new apartment in Zürich, I started my internet contract with upc and received my connect box two weeks ago. I installed the connect box and connected my laptop to the connect box through wifi successfully. But my laptop cannot receive any internet. I reinstalled the connect box, but the diagonistic tool always suggests that there is no broadband service. Attached are pictures of the device and cable. What is wrong? Is this because my socket is different from the usual one? Or is it because I didn't install it correctly? Or I need to activate my internet service somewhere at upc? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 1

Re: No Broadband Service for Weeks

Thank you Daniele. I later called customer support and a UPC technician was sent to my place on 27.08.2019. He told me that my UPC connecter was sealed. He unsealed the conneter and my internet is working now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
3013 941 236

@haiera , Welcome to the Community!
Your Internet is active in the system. Can you please press the plug of the cable into the socket more firmly? Please also check if the black cable is plugged into the modem correctly. Do you have a TV? Can you connect it once with an antenna cable and check whether you receive channels after a scan? 

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 1

Thank you Daniele. I later called customer support and a UPC technician was sent to my place on 27.08.2019. He told me that my UPC connecter was sealed. He unsealed the conneter and my internet is working now. 

View solution in original post

Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Hello
I have the same problem. I just moved recently and my connection works from time to time. After working for 5 minutes or so the modem just goes colourless then all red. It’s like it’s crashing every few minutes.