Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

SOLVED
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Re: Port Forwarding Connect Box

@Ahmet_upc Thanks a lot. A dynamic address is fine, but would it be possible to get a DUAL STACK (IPv4 + IPv6) setting instead of a pure IPv4 setting ?

Community Manager
2425 849 189

@balise69 , Sorry, but we do not offer DUAL STACK (IPv4 + IPv6). IPv6 Lite or IPv4 only.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

@Daniele_UPC Ok, let me know if that option becomes available in the future.

Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Hi Daniele,

I have a related problem. My IPV4 is OK. However, I specifically need to forward  port 53 (TCP and UDP). The connect box refuses to do it (listing a few more ports).

How do I do that? Is there a setting I am missing? Or do I need to get more up do date hardware?

Thanks.

-s.

Community Manager
2425 849 189

@cablecomupc ,Welcome to the Community!
For security reasons, standardized ports cannot be forwarded by anyone within UPC. If you need this, you will need to switch to a business product.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Thank you for the super fast reply!  Wow.

It's ironic, it's for my own security reasons that I needed to forward it, rather than letting it "in the wild" without any control of what my devices were receiving over it.

I will try to find an alternative or workaround. I will also check the business offers, but I already fear the price will be way above reasonable.

Best regards,

Thanks again.

-s.

Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Hi,

I am relatively new to UPC and want to configure in my  router the port forwarding rules  but this option is not available to me the security section of my router. Could this please be activated?

thanks & regards in advance

Andrea

Community Manager
2425 849 189

@mystic42 , Welcome to the Community!
I activated the IPv4 for you. In about 30 minutes you can forward your ports.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Thanks very much

Andrea

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Hi

What details do you require to change my router to IPV4 so I can port forward. Really appreciate the assistance as I e been stuck for some time trying to get around this issue.