cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Replace Connect Box with a better router

Hello, I am using the Connect Box and honestly I must say that it is a very weak device that can handle only very basic needs of a customer. The main issue I have is that the Wi-Fi capabilities of the device are are low. I am able to connect about 3-4 devices to the router before it goes unstable. When a friend of mine visited and connected few more devices the wifi started being unstable, dropping connections, being slow and any other annoyances. I am pretty sure is clearly a hardware issue with the device itself and it simply being a cheap, weak solution. I know that because I was using same router model in a different internet provider and the issues were the same. I dont have a faulty model, it is the issue with devide itself.

I wanted to ask what are  the other alternatives here. I dont want the Connect Box at all because its too weak. Is it possible to request a better, replacement device from you? I could also see that you have a Giga Box that maybe could solve the issue but I dont want to pay for a higher internet plan that I dont need just because of device replacement.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
6658 1626 507

Re: Replace Connect Box with a better router

@draharz , Welcome to the community!

First of all I would like to inform you that I can understand your dissatisfaction with a not very stable WIFI very well. On the part of the network we could not register any interruptions.

The following tips could help to improve the WIFI:
- we change your modem from IPv6 to IPv4. Some devices and applications have difficulties with IPv6
- the conversion requires a restart of the modem with possible reset and takes 30 minutes
- you could then try to reposition your modem
- finally, you can download the UPC Connect app on your cell phone and measure your WIFI
- there you can order a Bosster, which amplifies the WIFI signal

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

I would like to change my router to IPv4 mode. It also means that the bridge mode will be available, correct?

Community Manager
6658 1626 507

@draharz , We have made the changeover, which will be completed in 30 minutes. Restart your modem afterwards. If you have problems, reset your modem. Press the reset button on the back of the modem with a pointed object for at least 25 seconds.

Then try again.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

@Daniele_UPC I am experiencing a similar issue with low Wifi Signal from my connectbox. Could you please change my router to IPv4 as well?
Thanks!
Community Manager
6658 1626 507

@zhuser , Welcome to the Community!

We have made the changeover, which will be completed in 30 minutes. Restart your modem afterwards. If you have problems, reset your modem. Press the reset button on the back of the modem with a pointed object for at least 25 seconds. Then please try again.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

@Daniele_UPC thank you very much for the quick response and service. I have just rebooted my modem.