Connect Box

SOLVED
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 0 1

Slow and unstable Download Speed in a new subscription

Hi,

I am new with UPC and I am having some issues with the Download speed

I perform regularly speed tests with the cnlab and I see the Download varies between 220 to 300 Mbit/s and some time is even lower. In General, the variation is very big and never steady

From the other hand Upload is steady 31- 26 Mbit/s

I have the same issue with 2 other laptops even attached directly to ethernet.

I tried to call the support (No English Voice instructions) and I was waiting 45 Min!!!

If someone from the support is watching this let me know

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
535 201 43

Re: Slow and unstable Download Speed in a new subscription

Thanks for the results.

Please do not share your customer number, but the UID number you received from Speedtest. For security reasons you should never share your customer number publicly.

To the results:

You have a 300 subscription and get an average of 287 Mbps. This corresponds to a normal value and is also reflected in the good signal values. 

However, since you only have a 100 Mbit network card in use, you are limited in speed. With a Gigabit network card and an ac Wlan standard capable Wlan card, this would look even better. 

So I can tell you with confidence that the symptoms in your case are local and come from your devices.

With the receivers for Wlan it is not only important that you are connected to 5GHz, but also that these devices support the Wlan standard ac. This is the only way to achieve the desired values. Whereby 250 is already very good for Wlan.

I am glad that you found a MAC and saw that the Speed is fine Enjoy it.

I hope that I could help you. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
535 201 43

Hello. Thank you very much for asking. Please go to hsi.upc.ch and download the speed test. Then you can do the test series and send us your UID number. Please test with LAN cable only. Please indicate if you have a 3- or 2-hole socket in use. Do you connect to the internet normally via Wlan or Lan? Is there anything else connected to the socket? Is the modem directly connected to the original power supply? Do you use a multiple power strip? Any other details to your Setup?

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 0 1

Hi Ahmet,

I have attached 2 recent speed test. Usually this is the behavior , not steady varying from 200 to 320Mbit and some time less.

Even with Ethernet the speed is not steady (I have only 100MBit) card to test.

I have 3 Hole Socket and Only the TV is attached

Modem is connected to a multiple power  srip.

All wireless devices have been connected to 5Ghz excep a prinet at 2.4Ghz

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 0 1

Hi Ahmet,

I just found a MAC and tried with Ethernet and Speed is Steady at 300.

Thank you for your reply

I guess Wifi and Windows are not so good combination

Highlighted
535 201 43

Thanks for the results.

Please do not share your customer number, but the UID number you received from Speedtest. For security reasons you should never share your customer number publicly.

To the results:

You have a 300 subscription and get an average of 287 Mbps. This corresponds to a normal value and is also reflected in the good signal values. 

However, since you only have a 100 Mbit network card in use, you are limited in speed. With a Gigabit network card and an ac Wlan standard capable Wlan card, this would look even better. 

So I can tell you with confidence that the symptoms in your case are local and come from your devices.

With the receivers for Wlan it is not only important that you are connected to 5GHz, but also that these devices support the Wlan standard ac. This is the only way to achieve the desired values. Whereby 250 is already very good for Wlan.

I am glad that you found a MAC and saw that the Speed is fine Enjoy it.

I hope that I could help you. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet

View solution in original post

Highlighted
535 201 43

No it has nothing to do with Windows or Mac. It's about the components used in your devices. 

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 0 1

So I guess the wireless adapters on PC, Window Lap, Tablet not worth.

Even having the laptop next to the router i am not able to have steady speed

Maybe there are other interferences in the house causing this.

Anyway thank you for your reply

Highlighted
535 201 43

I cannot blame all of them. Every device has to be checked one by one by its components and capability, but this is not part of our support. My advise would be, if those devices are older or were from a cheap product range, it's not very optimistic to expect a performance driven service. As I said before, the values are not bad, which you've sent. But those minor interruptions you might feel come from them. Because network and modem are doing well. 

But I am glad we could clarify that. I wish you all the best. Stay healthy.

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hi Ahmed,

Could you help me with similar problem? My connection is pretty slow and unstable.
I haven’t changed any device or settings from the first month Of giga subscription (more than 400MBps) to now (average 40 or 50). It’s a huge difference. Issue happens also when cabled.

Cnlab UID: 6412717002608244443
Highlighted
535 201 43

Hi @rrochads

Please make sure, that you have a measurment running from cnlab for 24h. Your device should be used via LAN and not wifi. Afterwards, please get in touch with our technical support. Our colleagues will analyze the results and check on your network and signal quality. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet