Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Slow internet

Dears,

I am a recent customer of UPC and i am experiencing SLOW internet from time to time. I have the internet 600 and my internet flutuates to averages speeds of 40mb/s.  The maxium i ever got was 400mb/s which is fine. But having lower average its unacceptable. 

Even the upload speed that used to be more stable to 60mb/s now its below.

I would appreciate someone to help resolve this problem. I already called customer support a month ago. I was told i was going to receive an email as follow up and never did!

This is very frustrating. I never thought i would ever complaint about my internet speed at this stage of my life. It reminds me the old days of 512k ADSL connection 15 years ago and quite frankly i think even back then i had at least more stable speed. Unbelievable. 

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 22.27.22.pngScreenshot 2020-10-06 at 22.28.05.pngScreenshot 2020-10-06 at 22.29.42.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
6149 1552 469

Re: Slow internet

@fortesp , Please perform a speed test according to the following instructions. Make a note of the CNLAB UID and inform our support (0800 66 88 66) for further analysis.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Thank you for your answer. I did what you instruct and i got a warning from your biased tool that i do not have wifi optimized. I absolutely don't think this is the reason why sometimes, specially at night my Internet speed is reduced  dramatically. 

So i dedided to get it optimized anyways and tweak in with proper channels and use the 5GHz for most speed, etc.

And i found out that my router or rather your UPC router is transmitting two additional pair of Wifi broadcasts without my permission. Particulary the non hidden "UPC Wi-Free" SSID. You can see in the picture the top 4 sharing same MAC address for each type of Wifi broadcast.

Screenshot from 2020-10-17 17-19-12.png

If this is not the reason why i have seldom Slow Internet Speed, its disturbing and i don't like it nonetheless!

I searched in your UPC website how i could deactivate this UPC Free WIFI and it says

(https://www.upc.ch/en/support/internet/wi-free/#:~:text=How%20can%20I%20deactivate%20Wi,log%20out%20... ) that i can do that in My UPC. I checked and its deactivated. If its deactivate how come i am broadcasting it?

I want to deactivate this Wifi and your help wil be appreciated!

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Manager
6149 1552 469

@fortesp , We have deactivated the Wi-Free as requested. If you can still see it, please restart your modem.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team