Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Visitor
1 0 0

Synology NAS - router configuration

Hi

I am a new UPC customer and have installed internet in my apartment - using cabletv connection. I have not been able to install my Synology NAS for external access, it was working fine in with my previous internet provider. I have read in some of the answers in this forum that a change from IPV6 to IPV4 might be recquired. 

I am able to connect to the NAS when I am on the network at home. 

Or is there any other configuration that I need to do?

//Andreas Aguren

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
5524 1440 423

Re: Synology NAS - router configuration

@AndreasA , I just upgraded your modem to IPv4. In about 30 minutes you can forward the ports on your Connect Box.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Daniele

It seems I have the same issue with my box - I am trying to set up external access to my synology NAS without success.

thanks in advance for your help

kind regards

Tim

Highlighted
Community Manager
5524 1440 423

@timd , Welcome to the community!

Could you please tell us what you have already tried? What exactly are you trying to program the access?

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hi @Daniele_UPC ,

I have the same situation as the person that has started this thread. I want to connect to my Synology NAS from the internet, but because I currently have only IPv6 I am not able to configure the router accordingly. Can you help?

Kind regards,

Darko

Highlighted
Community Manager
5524 1440 423

@darkomd86 , Welcome to the community!

We have made the changeover, which will be completed in 30 minutes. Restart your modem afterwards. If you have problems, reset your modem. To do this, gently press the reset button on the back with a pointed object for at least 25 seconds. Then try again.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team