3 0 0

UPC Connect Box

How do I allow PPTP pass thru on my Connect Box

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
4866 1306 377

Betreff: UPC Connect Box

@njk01 ,  To configure PPTP, you have to forward the TCP port 1723 (control data of the PPTP connection) on your modem.

The second part of communication is the connection with GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation). This is where the PPP packets are tunnelled. What you have to forward here I can't tell you.

Do you have your own router at home? If so, you can set the modem to bridge mode and then adjust everything on your router.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am also having the same issue. So basically you need to have an external router in order to enable the PPTP Protocol? what if I am using the UPC connect box as a router not as a modem? Does this mean that I need to purchase another device, so that I can make the UPC as modem and the other device as router?

I am just trying to understand the logic in all this. My idea is to enable the PPTP & L2TP/IPsec protocol on the router. Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Community Manager
4866 1306 377

@Edrit , Welcome to the community! 

If you send us your customer number via private message, as well as your complete address and date of birth, we can switch your connection to IPv4. Then you can open the ports for VPN on the UPC modem.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team