Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Unstable Wi-Fi download speeds and drop outs

Hello,

I returned to the U.K. in March and got stuck there during the covid lockdown. Since returning to Switzerland in June, my internet has been extremely poor. Did something happen with the UPC network in recent months?

I have re-set my connect box to factory settings three times now. Internet regularly drops out (spotify, skype calls, whatsapp calls all intermittently freezing). When i run speed tests using software, it ranges anywhere from 100mbps to <10mbps. The only thing consistent is the drop outs of signal!

In the two years I have had UPC, i have never had any problems with the internet until now and no new devices/settings have been introduced.

Thanks, 

James

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

Re: Unstable Wi-Fi download speeds and drop outs

@jdrlee92 , Welcome to the Community!

I renamed your 2.4 GHz WIFI: UPCxxxxxxC_2.4GHz. Please connect your devices, which are further away only with this WIFI. All other devices which are closer to the modem can be connected to the UPCxxxxxxC WIFI.

Regarding the speed test - please follow our instructions here for a speed test. Then write down the CNLAB UID and get back to me.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Good morning Daniele, 

Thanks for your response. I performed a speed test last night using the software you recommended. Results are attached in picture, I also hyperlinked the detailed result in the URL below. Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 09.20.00.pngspeed test result url 

Thanks, 

James

Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

@jdrlee92 , Are the values better if you bring your MAC closer to the modem? Otherwise I'm running out of solutions and I ask you to contact our support for an in-depth analysis.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Hi Daniele,

I did more of my own testing over the weekend. The problem with the signal drop outs and slow speeds happens with ethernet connection as well as Wi-Fi. I will call the technical department for more assistance, but I think the issue is with the connect box. Maybe there is a fault. 

Thanks for your help,

James