Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Unstable Wifi; bad price/performance ratio

1. The Wifi of our ConnectBox has been very flakey lately. We live in a relatively small apartment (3 bedrooms, 1 living room), but have quite a few devices connected (5 phones, 2-3 laptops via Wifi, a desktop computer, a Chromecast Ultra and a media player connected via Ethernet). I can only work reliably if I turn on my mobile's Wifi hotspot and connect my work laptop to that.
  2. My contract loyalty period is up; for CHF 59 per month, I get a 100 Mb/s connection and unreliable Wifi. Given the availability of fibre in Zürich (though not in my apartment), this is a very bad offer (as a new UPC customer, I could get 600 Mb/s for CHF 39). If I take the time and energy to upgrade my connection, it won't be UPC, rest assured.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
542 204 44

Re: Unstable Wifi; bad price/performance ratio

Hi @istvankovacs

Thank you for message. Welcome in our community. Did you already scan your rooms with the UPC Connect App? This would increase the signal quality. If it's not getting better, you can order Wifi Boosters via Connect App. But first I would check that wit our technical support 0800 66 88 66.

In order to check your upgrade possibilities, you can check that also with our contract department 0800 900 210. They will help you out. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Thank you for your response.

I used the Connect App some time ago. In fact, the ConnectBox cannot be relocated, so I do not have a choice; however, WiFi has become more unreliable since the number of devices increased.

I have no intention to buy WiFi boosters for an 85 m2 apartment.

542 204 44

The other option is, that you log into your modems admin portal an change the channel frequency manually and try after every change if its better. So, you can find the best channel for your flat. Very often the signal quality is incluenced by other neighbors. This method should help you out. Also, make sure that your modem is placed at the highest place possible. 

Best regards, 

Ahmet