Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor TV
3 2 0

Upload freezes randomly for 5-10 seconds

Hello,

Overall I'm quite pleased with the UPC internet connection, however there is 1 critical hickup. At random intervals the upload connection seems to stop for a good 5-10 seconds. I believe its the upload connection because when I'm videochatting (Skype or hangouts), the other side notices that our image and sound freezes but we still receive live video from them (in full quality), telling us that our image is frozen. Additionally if I run a ping while the connection is frozen I get timeouts, once the connection is back, the ping is back to the usual 10-20 ms.

This is inconvenient when video chatting, but turns into much worse when online gaming.

I looked at the network logs in the modem, but don't notice anything out of the ordinary around the time the hickups occur. There are just a bunch of notices with the occasinal 'critical' (This critical message says: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=34:2c:c4:57:6c:13;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:9e:5c:43;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0. All messages are at completely different timestamps than the connection freezes however. 

The freezes happened when we were connected with cable and over the wifi (both the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz). 

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards,

Maarten

4 REPLIES 4
Leading Role
229 131 8

Re: Upload freezes randomly for 5-10 seconds

Does it happen with more than one device?

In other words, while your laptop is unable to upload (Skype freeze, ping timeout etc.), does your phone still connect and work ok?

Those "critical" ranging response errors are common.  My logs are full of them too and hence I assume aren't really that critical!

Community Manager
2719 895 216

@MaartenVD , I checked your signal, and everything's fine. If your error does not disappear, please contact our technical support on 0800 66 88 66.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
3 2 0

A few days ago I found out that the IP address of my switch was actually set to 192.168.0.1 (which is the same as the connect box), I changed that to a different ip address and since then I think I no longer have this issue.

So perhaps there was some miscommunication between my devices. Meaning I guess I was to be blamed for this? I'll still keep track of this, to see if the issue comes back, but so far consider it resolved I guess. :-)

Leading Role
229 131 8

haha yeah, that would do it!