Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

WiFi issue

Hello,

I have a WiFi issue with the new Giga Connect box. The wired connection is rock solid and delivers what it promises, but the WiFi is inconsistent.
The issue is most noticeable when video calling and drops frequently. I have tried separating the two frequency bands, same issue. I have tried switching off one band, then the other, same issue. The network diagnostic tool shows an issue with the WiFi every time.
I have reset and restarted the box several times, same issue.
I have also tried the signal through a different router and a WiFi extender and have no issues here, so the issue is with the WiFi signal from the Giga Connect box.
Is there a way to solve this or do I need a new box?

Thanks for your time.

David
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
4064 1162 315

Re: WiFi issue

@harmonisch , Welcome to the community!

A new Conenct box will not fix the cause. Have you ever tried it with a WIFI Booster? Please contact our technical support at 0800 66 88 66 so they can check with you.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hello Daniele,

Thanks for the reply.
A WiFi booster is not going to solve the problem, the issue is not with the WiFi strength, it is the WiFi signal coming and going.
As said, the WiFi is fine when I use another router or a WiFi extender. So, the WiFi signal on the Connect Box is faulty. It is like this when I am sat 2m away from the box in clear line of sight, so strength of signal is nothing to do with it. Also, when the WiFi is connected, the signal is extremely strong, but then disconnects again.
If a new box will not fix this, then the box is evidently not suitable for purpose. I pay for an internet connection with a working modem and router, this is not what I am getting.

Thanks,

David
Highlighted
Community Manager
4064 1162 315

@harmonisch , Please name your WIFI networks differently again. For example, add _5GHz to the 5GHz WIFI. Also remove or switch off your Netgear PLW1000v2.

If it still doesn't work, contact our technical support at 0800 66 88 66.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team