Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Box

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Wifi slow internet up to 30Mb/s

Dear UPC,

my internet is slow while using wifi on any device (laptop, iphone, android-based phone, computer station with wifi adapter attached). Same computer station on wired (ETH) connection works perfectly fine - exactly 300Mb/s.

While doing ping -t on wifi I can observe random timeouts from time to time. Sometimes I can see every 2nd ping with high latency above 2000ms

I tried multiple configurations with only 2,4GHz, only 5GHz or both ranges, IPv4, IPv6, newest drivers etc. Restting OS network or box configuration doesn't help much.

Anyway I assume this must be related to wifi coming from the box because all wifi devices are affected.

I am out of ideas and options. Please help

Best regards,

K.M.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
2628 941 215

Betreff: Wifi slow internet up to 30Mb/s

@Kikus , Welcome to the Community!
I have changed your modem to IPv4 for testing purposes. Can you please tell me exactly what you are pinging? If the switch to IPv4 doesn't help, I recommend that you contact our technical support at 0800 66 88 66. Please also note that the WIFI can also be affected by external influences/interferences. With this tool you can check the WIFI networks in your building.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Betreff: Wifi slow internet up to 30MB/s

Hi Daniel,

I don't think that disabling DHCP for IPv6 does anything since I can decide on client side which one I want to use (tested with both options as stated in the first post). What I can see you have also enabled a modem function in the box. I will try with my router.

Regarding the traffic in the building. There's multiple networks around. I checked with many tools. But it's discribed that auto function selects best channel so what should I do with that keep trying with many of them and keep changing them? Doesn't sound like solution. Both 2,4GHz and 5GHz are behaving same so I am not sure if that's related. The number of 5GHz networks is much lower.

#update#

With your connect box as a modem and my Asus RT-AC68U as a router all devices are able to get 300MB/s in 5GHz network. I would say that box's wifi is poor and unable to handle interferences around. The question is why do I have to maintain another device to get the agreed limits?

Kind regards,

K.M.

Community Manager
2628 941 215

Betreff: Wifi slow internet up to 30MB/s

@Kikus , Thank you for your feedback. I can't tell you why it works with your router and not with our modem. You are welcome to contact our support 0800 66 88 66 so that they can check this.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team