cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Go

Supporting Actor TV
4 3 0

Horizon Go app and browser constantly freezing or crashing

If someone could get back to me regarding TV. I dont hear any option to call support in English and German is no where near good enough to explain. 

I dont have a physical tv, so I watch with the computer via the horizon go app windows 10 store or thru the browser option. 

Both are barely watchable with both of them freezing, crashing, or putting out "an error has occured". I have to restart the apps and I can watch for about another 10min. Then repeats. Incredibly frustrating. 

Ive completely uninstalled the app and reinstalled to no avail. 

5 REPLIES 5
Leading Role
214 124 8

Re: Horizon Go app and browser constantly freezing or crashing

They've removed the English option for some reason.  Instead, select German and ask (slowly) if they can speak some English.  If not, and they don't even understand to put you through to someonw who does (I've had that!) then hang up and call again.  

As for your actual problem, I don't use Horizon Go nor do I have a Windows machine, but does it use Silverlight as a plug-in?  Try uninstalling and reinstalling that (if indeed that is what it uses!).

Supporting Actor TV
4 3 0

Thanks for suggestion. Not sure if it uses silverlight. Gives no indication that it does, but I will reinstall silverlight anyhow. 

Strange they removed the English option. So they had it before then. Odd since other competitors have no problem having an English option. I appreciate its not an official language, but Im pretty sure theres a good chunk of English speaking customers. 

Leading Role
214 124 8

Recently, support at UPC seems to have undergone some changes.  

Like most business changes, they're only designed to improve profit, not happiness of its customers. I've noticed over the last year or so that there are less actual UPC support people monitoring these forums, less doing moderation of these forums, longer times to get an answer on twitter and much longer times to get someone to pick up the phone.

To balance all that ... the actual technology seems more stable and when I do get to speak (or email - whatever) someone, they are very polite and helpful.

Supporting Actor TV
4 3 0

Thanks for the info Adrian. Reinstalled latest version of silverlight to no avail. Both app and in browser continue to fail. I will attempt phone in support I guess.
Regards
Movie Star
1757 867 74

Hello @Hightower

Thank you for reaching out and telling us about your issues. Horizon Go runs now on HTML 5 so it should be run on all popular browsers and also be more stable than before. 

Maybe this helps: Delete the cookies in the browser you are using Horizon.tv, re-connect and login again. That should help. If not you may also contact our Support team through our newly launched Facebook page. My colleagues from the social care team will swiftly answer all of your questions, also in English! 

@adrianlondon I'm  really sorry you are experiencing less attention. We are working on improving the service quality, also here in our Community.

Hope I was able to offer some help.

Wishing you all a nice day.

Best regards,

Frida

Tags (2)