Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Go

SOLVED
Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Internet down

I have experienced quite some internet disruptions in the last two weeks, e.g., 2-3 hours tonight.   Was this a problem of my area (2016) or something wrong with my connection? Each time I didn't do anything after the disruption and the connection came back automatically.

Many thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leading Role
180 111 7

Re: Internet down

I've been having similar issues over the last few days (4054, Basel) although not tonight.

I asked a neighbour and they had issues at the same time.  One way to test this, assuming you have close-by neighbours on UPC, is to turn off your Horizon box or connectbox/modem and try to connect to Wi-Free.  If it prompts you for a user/password then it means it can't authenticate you and whoever is serving the Wi-Free network also has no internet.

I notice that UPC have never updated their status page during these outages, and I also notice (on the German section of this forum) that others are starting to have these 1-2 hour outages too.  I wonder if UPC is doing some upgrades and trying to do it hoping no-one notices?

2 REPLIES 2
Leading Role
180 111 7

I've been having similar issues over the last few days (4054, Basel) although not tonight.

I asked a neighbour and they had issues at the same time.  One way to test this, assuming you have close-by neighbours on UPC, is to turn off your Horizon box or connectbox/modem and try to connect to Wi-Free.  If it prompts you for a user/password then it means it can't authenticate you and whoever is serving the Wi-Free network also has no internet.

I notice that UPC have never updated their status page during these outages, and I also notice (on the German section of this forum) that others are starting to have these 1-2 hour outages too.  I wonder if UPC is doing some upgrades and trying to do it hoping no-one notices?

Supporting Actor TV
3 1 0

Thanks adrianlondon. I will try the test when I have a problem with internet again.
I also checked the status on UPC web when the connection was back and didn't find any record.