cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Occasional Visitor
1 1 0

1 year on, how is the UPC Horizon TV service shaping up?

Internet speeds get a glowing review, if you're connected to the router or within the same (small) room.

I'm moving house, and considering a UPC bundle. Their internet seems to be the best option, but TV, it's a different story. From the previous thread here, people seemed to pin down the following as the problems with the service:

Horizon UI, very bad. Apparently it's very confusing and nonsensical.
The Horizon Box-Set can be slow and laggy.
The combination of TV and Router in the same box can lead to a weaker signal and corners the user to have their wireless router beside the TV. Not all that convenient.
Have these improved with a year in use - have they improved the UI performance, for example?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re: 1 year on, how is the UPC Horizon TV service shaping up?

Good afternoon @williambhopal, welcome to the community,

If you are interested, UPC has launched a new TV box on Wednesday which name is UPCTV Box. This box is smaller than the Horizon box. It features an improved UI with new functionalities such as vocal command and a better research bar, more than 240 channels, replay up to 7 days, record on the cloud, 4k definition, Youtube and Netflix apps ect... The UPCTV Box also consumes less electric power.

You may found further information here: https://www.upc.ch/en/bundles/learn-about-bundles/?intcmp=Nav_En_TvInternet_1_LearnTvInternet

If you have any question about this product or UPC's products, do not hesitate to ask us!

Kind regards,

Michael

TV Actor
32 22 1

Thank you for the information but my question is do the old customers get a replacement for free for their Horizon to this new device?

TV Star
349 158 20

Hello @mniceguy81,

No you won't get it as a free replacement, at least not for now. To get the box you have to switch your contract to the new "Happy Home" model (unfortunately not to the Happy Customer model). During the process you may lose advantages depending on your previous contract. (typically I would lose a few channels by switching).

I bet UPC will it like that as long as possible to get the existing customers to switch contract.

Also their "Happy Home" fantastic commercial argument about covering all your home with wifi is really uninteresting as far as you can buy yourself good repeaters for 40.-- CHF.

I was a tester during the new box project and the benefits of the new box are real. However now I have to weight the advantage of the box against the loss of channels and the decision is difficult.

Regards,

Icarus

TV Actor
32 22 1

Hi Icarus, 

Thank you for the fast feedback.

I was also a tester and the device is good in terms GUI and responds faster than the Horizon but other than really was not thta interested.

Also i would have thought that the option would be freely available to users who are have the UPC 500.

Thank you very much for the information and wish you a lovely weekend.

Regards,

Supporting Actor TV
1 2 0

@Icarus wrote:

Hello @mniceguy81,

No you won't get it as a free replacement, at least not for now. To get the box you Discordhave to switch your contract to the new "Happy Home" modelAdobe Reader(unfortunately not to the Happy Customer model). During the process you may lose advantages depending on your previous contract. (typically I would lose a few channels by switching).iTunes

I bet UPC will it like that as long as possible to get the existing customers to switch contract.

Also their "Happy Home" fantastic commercial argument about covering all your home with wifi is really uninteresting as far as you can buy yourself good repeaters for 40.-- CHF.

I was a tester during the new box project and the benefits of the new box are real. However now I have to weight the advantage of the box against the loss of channels and the decision is difficult.

Regards,

Icarus

i am shifting residence, and thinking about a UPC package deal. Their internet seems to be the satisfactory option, however tv, it is a unique story. From the preceding thread here, humans seemed to pin down the following as the problems with the service:

Horizon UI, very awful. seemingly it is very puzzling and nonsensical.
The Horizon field-Set may be sluggish and laggy.
The mixture of television and Router within the same box can result in a weaker signal and corners the user to have their wireless router beside the television. no longer all that handy.
Have those advanced with a yr in use - have they improved the UI performance, for instance?

TV Actor
32 22 1

The Horizon box is sluggish, when you click the menu it takes time for the menu you want to arrive and also the TV guide is so slow when going through the channels