Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Highlighted
Film Actor
78 49 0

Again, Channel 225!!

Once again, channel 225 (Sky News) is playing up!! It can’t just be the weather!!   What is going on?!? I’ve unplugged the box, taken out the arial lead. Put the arial lead back in, turned the box back on... ... and, lo anf behold... just the same! What are we paying for?!? Lets hope, if the new company get the go ahead, they put money into better quality services!! 😤

10 REPLIES 10
Leading Role
95 131 2

Re: Again, Channel 225!!

Not the weather.  It's working fine for me on my UPC TV box.

I know you have the Horizon box but it at least proves that UPC is getting a good signal to re-transmit.

Film Actor
78 49 0

If what I am seeing is a good ‘retransmit signal’ is good... ... I would hate to see a bad one!!! Green and purple flashing lights across the screen... ... not good!!

Leading Role
95 131 2

What I'm saying is ... I'm getting a good signal, therefore UPC have access to one.

Whether it's getting mangled on its way though your cabling and hardware, or whether they're sending different (i.e. crappier!) signals to Horizon box owners I don't know.

Film Actor
78 49 0

I really hope its not your last option!! We are paying a lot of money for tge UPC service!!

Community Manager
2970 941 234

@Biggsp , Do you have your described error only on the Sky Channel? Could you also set 1080p to fixed in the HDMI settings? At the moment you have set to take the resolution from your TV. 

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Film Actor
78 49 0

Hi

The issue is now starting on other UK based channels! I have had to turn the box off quite a few times over the weekend and today and also unplug the aerial and plug it back in. The channels will work for a while then the blue, green and purple lines etc are across the screen again! I have also experienced the dreaded 2010 error many time today!!

I don’t understand why the changing to 1080 would make any difference, as the other channels (german and french) work fine, all the time.

one question I have is, is this happening because we have a Horizon box, which would now be classed as ‘old technology’ and are UPC not supporting customers with Horizon boxes as well as customers with the ‘newer technology’??

regards

Community Manager
2970 941 234

@Biggsp , The Horizon will continue to be maintained by us on the net. However, it can be that yours is defective. In this case we could initiate an exchange, or send you a UPC TV box. However, for this we would have to adapt your subscription.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Film Actor
78 49 0

Hi again 😊

If I am understanding you correctly then, we won’t be able to use the telephone helpline before long for issues with the Horizon box?

Also, by ‘adapting’ our subscription, I think you mean it would cost us more each month for the new technology? and we would also have to pay for the new TV box before we even start? 

regards

Leading Role
95 131 2

If it were me, I'd do the following:

1. Unplug, check and consider replacing the coax cable (wall to Horizon)

2. Ditto the HDMI cable (Horizon to TV)

3. Call UPC support and explain the issue.

I had a similar issue with my Horizon box and they sent an engineer. He ended up tightening up some loose connections in the wall socket and also replacing my coax cable. He had some fancy signal monitoring equipment to do the diagnostics.

Sorted my issue out.

I'm pretty sure the Horizon box will be supported for ages to come, as there are many people who still have one!  The UPC TV box is a worthwhile upgrade but yes, the stanard packages cost around Fr.10 more.  However, you get 7 day replay on all the UK channels whereas I believe the Horizon doesn't.