cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Supporting Actor Film
7 7 0

Euronews language

Euronews suddenly became French and we can't find a way of switching it back to English - can someone point to a fix, please?

10 REPLIES 10
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re: Euronews language

Hi @thew,

You can change the soundtrack if this function is available. To do so, press OK > ACTION MENU > SETTINGS A/V > AUDIO. Then, you can select your preferred soundtrack.

Regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
7 7 0

The only option is French. So much for having this multilanguage news service if UPC limits us to the one it deems fit!

In case someone from UPC reads this - if you don't give us back the option we signed up for, we are leaving UPC.

Leading Role
228 130 8

I'm in the German speaking area and the only audio option is German.  If I go to the Euronews website to watch it live, I notice that switching between French, German and English also changes the video.  In other words, it isn't just one video feed with multiple language feeds, so there's no way for UPC to switch the language (without creating another channel completely).

Supporting Actor Film
7 7 0

We have been able to choose the language on Euronews for years and until about a week ago it was in English on our TV. This is something UPC has changed recently.

Leading Role
228 130 8

As I mentioned, euronews has separate video feeds for each language.  It's their change rather than UPC's.

https://www.frenchentree.com/france-forum/topic/euronews-language-changed/

Supporting Actor Film
7 7 0

Well that sucks! UPC should make the other versions available.

Leading Role
228 130 8

Good luck with that fight.  I'm right behind you

There are still English language Freeview channels that I'd like to have which UPC don't grab/transmit, not to mention the fact replay still isn't available on all the British channels they do have.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 7 0

Agreed! Especially given the hefty price we pay in order to have the British channels!

Supporting Actor TV
4 2 0

same here, I know that it's possible or at least used to be...
@adrianlondon there are indeed separate video feeds but the fact was you were able to switch audios.
UPC should provide all Euronews language channels as part of the package...