Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

Horizon box off/on

Hello all

My horizon box takes up to 3 or 4 minutes to start up after some time off. Also I have to switch on, wait for 3/4 minutes, switch off and on again. The second time I switch it on normally is quite fast to start showing pictures.

Also when moving around channels is so slow... any thing i can do to get the service I am paying for?
8 REPLIES 8
Leading Role
228 130 8

Re: Horizon box off/on

The power save modes on the Horizon are dire.

The box takes a few minutes to boot up, and then another minute or so for its internet connection to UPC to stabilise (before which the guide is painfully slow and replay doesn't work).  The only solution is to either turn the box on a few minutes before you need it or set the "standby power usage" to HIGH.

Or ditch it and get a digicard and compatible TV.

Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

But sometimes I also get an error code on the screen... I don't think that's a normal behaviour.

Leading Role
228 130 8

Is it something like "Sorry, the box has temporarily lost internet connection" or something like that?  Unfortunately, as far as the Horizon box is concerned, that is normal booting-up behaviour (except in HIGH mode, as that keeps the network connection on all the time).

Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

Next time I get the error code I will post it here, so you can help me to understand it.
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

OK. I got the message again
What about that error code? 2010? What does it mean?

Also when I call 0800668866 there is no English option. That's not great customer attention.

Leading Role
228 130 8

I've not had to call support recently, but there used to be an English option.  If not, select the German option and just ask, clearly, for someone who can speak English once they answer.

If you've already tried resetting your Horizon box back to factory defaults, then Error 2010 sounds like a cabling problem.

If checking all your own cabling doesn't solve the issue, including that thing that converts a 2 or 3-hole socket into the right connectors, then I guess UPC will send an engineer out to start checking things.

https://support-en.upc.ch/app/answers/detail/a_id/9646/~/horizon-hd-recorder%3A-error-message-1090-o...

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

The only solution is to either turn the box on a few minutes before you need it .
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

The only solution is to either turn the box on a few minutes before you need it .