Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

My Horizon is Frozen

Hello dear UPC my Horizon is frozen in Installation mode and nothing is working. I already reset it but same.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
3182 982 247

Re: My Horizon is Frozen

@pecenikov84, thanks for your message and welcome to our Community!

I see that your Horizon is not online for the reasons you mentioned. We can offer you the following:
- we deactivate and activate your Horizon Box again in our systems and you let us know if it works to your satisfaction again.
- we'll replace your old device with a new Horizon Box. The disadvantage is that you will lose your recordings and programming

However, if the reconnection does not work, we would still replace your device.

Best regards
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
TV Star
387 94 1

Hello dear UPC my Horizon is frozen in Installation mode and nothing is working. I already reset it but same.

Maybe this is due to the cold weather?  

Leading Role
229 131 8

I had this problem once.  I was also having occasional problems with Replay and "Play from the Start".  They're all things that need the Horizon box to be online, not just receiving a good signal for the TV channels.

In my case, sorting out a loose connection in the wall socket and replacing the coax cable fixed all the issues.

Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

i already tried but still same..one night after turning off its start with instalattion and its stayed like this and i cant do anything and the remote control is not working its blocked thank you for the response.
Leading Role
229 131 8

It'll hang on installation if (a) the box is screwed, (b) it can't get online due to faulty wiring/cabling or (c) UPC haven't provisioned it properly.

The only way forward would be for you to ring up.  They don't offer an English language option any more but they seem capable of dealing with awful German (in my case!) or you can ask for an English speaking person and they'll put you on hold and transfer you to someone.

They can monitor the box's connection status live while you turn it on (have it unplugged when you call) and it boots up.  They'll either fix their issue (if c), get an engineer out to you (if b) or replace the box (if a).

Community Manager
3182 982 247

@pecenikov84, I recommend that you contact our technical support team at 0800 66 88 66 and ask them to change your box or have your subscription adjusted to the new offer.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team