Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon TV

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
5 3 0

Need a longer coaxial cable to connect the HD box on the other side of the room

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the cable that connects the HD box to the wall socket. I need a longer one as I will install the TV on the wall which is on the opposite side of the room. What kind of coaxial cable is needed for this ?

Regards,

Santosh

2 REPLIES 2
Leading Role
229 131 8

Re: Need a longer coaxial cable to connect the HD box on the other side of the room

A coax cable is a coax cable.  Just look at both ends of your current one (Horizon end is male push, socket end depends on your socket/adapter) and get a longer one

Or you could buy another cable that connects to the end of your current one and extends it.

Easiest way is to take your current cable (with any adapters on the socket end) to a UPC shop and ask for a longer one or extension.  In my experience of the Basel shop they give cables/adapters for free.

Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

Re: Need a longer coaxial cable to connect the HD box on the other side of the room

Hey, I had a similar issue. I bought a new TV from an elektronik online shop, and I set it up on the wall, too far away from the box. However, just a regular longer coaxial cable solved my issue.

You can buy any cable, as long as it's of the right size.