Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

SOLVED
Highlighted
TV Actor
20 15 1

Re: Connect Box

I'm on the 500Mbps plan and don't really have any wi-fi connection issues...

The last speed test I did (over wi-fi) a few moments ago on my 6 month old 27" iMac (if it makes any difference) was:

Down: 47.13Mbps

Up: 41.86Mbps

so a far cry from the theoretical speed advertised - Yes I know wifi slows things down a tad ;-)

I don't really watch UPC TV as I have my TV sorted through other "channels" and I don't ever use the land line so maybe it's time to wave good by to everything except for the Internet as CHF 129 is quite a bit for lots of stuff I don't ever use...

Thanks for the reply Adrianlondon highly appreciated indeed...

Leading Role
229 131 8

You should get the CB then and get rid of the TV/Horizon box.  Or if you somehow end up with a trio deal cheaper than a deal without TV, just keep the Horizon box turned off most of the time. The advantage of getting rid of your Horizon box is that you then know exactly which socket to use for your new box!

My speed tests are much better than yours.

A 2013 Macbook connected to the 5GHz WiFi on my Connect Box.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 13.37.10.pngSpeedy

Leading Role
229 131 8

Do an option-click on your MacOS WiFi icon - it'll give you some info about your LAN connection so you can work out whether it's your WiFi that's slow or your actual internet.

Mine:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 13.43.53.png

TV Actor
20 15 1

Hmmm... Gibberish to me really. Maybe you can decipher some of it:

Speed.jpg

Leading Role
229 131 8

Did you ever adjust your Horizon wifi settings?  I can't remember if it's posssible there to enable or disable the 80MHz stuff.

Assuming you didn't adjust anything then I'd guess the Connect Box will improve your speeds.