Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

SOLVED
TV Actor
27 15 0

Connect Box

Hi

I received a connect box on Friday and I connected it yesterday. I have the Internet up and running, however I am unsure of the material that came with the equipment. It tells me to return my old equipment. I have a Horizon recorder on which I have TV, and I know TV doesn't work with the connect box. So do I just ignore the return label?

Also is there a way to connect the Horizon box and the connect box together?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re: Connect Box

Hi @john_philip,

No, you don't have to return any equipement. You need the Horizon Box to watch TV and the Connect Box to use the Internet and the fixed network.

Kind regards,

Michael

14 REPLIES 14
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : Connect Box

Good afternoon @john_philip,

No, you can't connect the Horizon Box and the Connect Box together. What is your current subscritpion?

Kind regards,

Michael

TV Actor
27 15 0

It's the Horizon plus Trio subscription. So what am I supposed to do if I only have 1 plug point in a room? I can't use it together? It doesn't make sense.
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @john_philip,

I did a mistake in my last post. You can't connect them together, but yes you can use them together. Normally, you received a splitter that allows you to use the two boxes together: http://www.radio-materiel.ch/download/liens/ds-29_tec.pdf If you didn't received nothing like that, you can request one for free at the UPC's hotline 0800 66 88 66.

Sorry for my mistake.

Kind regards,

Michael

TV Actor
27 15 0

Oh okay, I will try that today then. I did receive it in the package.

So just to confirm I don't have to return any equipment right? All I have is the Horizon recorder and now I have received the Connect Box.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @john_philip,

No, you don't have to return any equipement. You need the Horizon Box to watch TV and the Connect Box to use the Internet and the fixed network.

Kind regards,

Michael

TV Actor
27 15 0

Thanks
Award Winner
1027 542 46

You're welcome @john_philip 

If you need further help, do not hesitate to come here again!

Have a nice week,

Michael

TV Actor
20 15 1

Sorry to bump this thread.

I received an advert from UPC yesterday in regards to receiveing a connect-box for free but I really don't understand fully what the point is?

I subscribe to Horizon Super Trio so everything goes through the Horizon box as it is.

What additional bonus does a connect-box add if I go this route other than adding yet another box and more cables to pull?

I undertand that I, in addition, need a separate connector as my Horizon box is using the current wall connector... (my current wall connection is the three connection type, where only the middle buttom one is used).

The pamphlet gives very little info other than "It's better"...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Leading Role
228 130 8

It supports faster network speeds and also means you can turn off the electricity-guzzling Horizon box (or set it to the best power saving mode) when you're not watchig TV..

The CB also has a better WiFi range.

I would say that unless you're on the 500Mbit internet package, or have wifi range issues, the upgrade isn't likely to mean mucn to you.  I would hope that UPC are slowly realising that their Horizon box is a pos and are moving functions away from it . The CB will take over internet and landline functions, leaving the Horizon box for TV only..

Best thing to do ... take a photo of your current socket and go to your closest UPC shop.  They'll give you whatever adapters you need.  Both the Horizon box and the CB will need internet capable connections (the Horizon uses its own for replay stuff).

Finally, if you do get the CB, connect your Horizon box to it using an ethernet cable temporarily, then log in to the Horizon admin page and disable both WiFi radios.  After that, you can unplug the ethernet cable as you'll never need to connect to your Horizon box ove the LAN again.