cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Supporting Actor TV
2 3 0

Horizon Box showing offline

Since the beginning with upc, my experience was absolutely terrible. But at least i was able to use internet. Tonight the box decided to go offline for absolutely no reasons. I turned it off and on and it kept offline.

Great, i spent my all evening trying to fix this box and Im getting mad. Tomorrow I have some important things to do on internet, so i reaĺly need a fast answer. Even though i dont expect you to be fast seeing that you took 1 week until i was able to use internet...

Please help me ? And why arent you changing something with those boxes ? Everyone complains about them and you keep them... Please fix my internet and then I might keep you as a provider. I will probably go to swisscom anyways, it´s also **bleep**ty bu no as much as cablecom.
11 REPLIES 11
Movie Star
1757 868 74

Betreff: Horizon Box showing offline

Hi @HisS

First of all welcome to our community, even though your reason for being here is not very pleasant. However, this is the right place to get the support needed! Kindly ask you to send me a private message with your upc customer no., your preferred phone no. and your availability (e.g. only in the evening). I will then arrange for a support agent to get in touch with you the soonest possible to get your issues fixed.

Best regards,

Frida

Supporting Actor Film
6 2 0

Re: Horizon Box showing offline

Hello Frida,

I have a similar issue. My Horizon box shows offline and get no connection. We moved house today and changed the address days ago. We can watch tv...no phone, no internet. I have even reset the router settings.

I will send you PM with phone number.

Thanks
1 1 0

Would be helpfull if UPC could just post the problem as i have now the same problem but no answer......
Ex-Community Member
Not applicable
13280 3106 116

Betreff: Horizon Box showing offline

The horizon box of upc is a product that just doesn't work well. Customers complain about it all the time. But upc is not willing to replace them with a new, better Set-top-box.

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Barry1978,

If the Horizon box is still offline, that means the activation didn't work or there is a problem between your box and the network. You need to call the hotline which is able to identify where is the issue.

Hotline number: 0800 66 88 66

Best regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
3 2 0

Hello,

I just moved flat 2 days ago (confirmation reference 210801786) and I am having the same problem. My UPC channels work fine but my box is offline with internet not working.

I have tried the hotline and there is no english option so this is no help at all. Can you please advise on how I can get this rectified before weekend please?

Regards,

Niall

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Good afternoon @NILUS, welcome to the community,

The moderators are not here today and until Monday so nobody from UPC can help you until Monday on the Community. You can try the UPC's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/UPC_Switzerland There is always someone available until 5pm on Fridays.

Kind regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
10 4 0

Sorry to say,

But I think UPC or its Geneva partner Naxo does not care about new customer and internet service.

I ahve been waiting from last 17 days but still did not get any connection. Finally, yesterday (after 15 days) technician came to my house but status is not udpated to UPC.

Its really bad co-ordination and service.

Supporting Actor TV
3 2 0

Yes my UPC box is still offline since last week. I rang the hotline and said it is some kind of IT block and they said that hey didnt know when this would be fixed which is absolutely ridiculous. UPC never make anything easy and I'm considering cancelling my subscription and going with someboday as the interruption delay now is completely unacceptable.

Are there any moderators in the community that could possibly help with any assistance or update here?

Cheers

Niall