Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 1 0

I'd like to upgrade to 512mb, but....

Hello Cablecom,

I would like to take the 500Mb internet option from you, however when trying to run through the ordering process via the cutomer account portal, I get a message stating that all TV / Telephone / Internet must go through a new Horizon box, and that a separate modem/router is unsupported.

Currently I have the 250Mb option with my Horizon box connected to my TV socket, and your Thomson provided router connected to the internet socket.  I have the Thomson router set in "Bridge mode" and use my own Netgear router plugged into that for serving the rest of my home network.  This works great, and I'd really like to stay with this configuration, because, well, the Horizon box is very poor as an Internet router, with no bridge mode, and very limited network options.

Can I take the 500 option and keep my existing router in bridge mode?  I would call the support desk, but they dont speaky English, and my French/German is not up to a technical level yet.

Thanks very much for your time.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 1 0

Re: I'd like to upgrade to 512mb, but....

Hi,

I haven't found the 500 Mbps option yet, but I'd love to upgrade too and I use the same setup as described by Spooner.

Why is the Thompson not capable to run a 500 mbps link?

Thanks

Highlighted
TV Actor
42 15 3

Re : I'd like to upgrade to 512mb, but....

For now, only the HZN box can provide the 500 speed.

A new router might be released soon.

PS: upc has an english support now, just select whatever option when you can and ask for an english speaking agent.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 1 0

Re : I'd like to upgrade to 512mb, but....

Thanks for the info Paul.  Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 1 0

Has there been any change on this yet?

Do I still need to use the Horizon box as the gateway for 500mbps internet or can I use a separate modem for the internet like my existing connection?

The Horizon box is a very poor network device in my opinion.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Spooner,

Since October 2015 (or November, can't remember) there is a new modem that can be used with the Horizon box.

It is the Connect Box. If you have Internet 500 or 250, you can order it. 

With this new setup, you will use the Horizon box for watching TV and the Connect Box for the Internet and Phone.

Kind regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 1 0

Thanks for the reply Michael.