Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

Internet connection always drops

I have the Horizon bundle package with internet of 500mbps speed.  However I am finding that my internet connection always stops working on a daily basis.  I hardly get anywhere near the 500mbps speed (I'd be happy with it reaching even 400mbps speed).

I don't have many devices connected to the internet (just my two cell phones) but this should not create a drastic reduction in speed and I have no reason why the internet connection is lost on a daily basis.

Anyone else experience this or have any idea's why?  I have followed the set-up instructions but still no luck.  I live in 8733, Eschenbach.

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : Internet connection always drops

Good evening @SwissRich and welcome to the community!

Can you do a speed test? I want to see the difference between what you have and what you should have.

Greetings,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
4 0 0

@Michaelhello - Thanks for your reply.  I done a speedtest on Cablecom website (using firefox) and Ookla (using Chrome).

On 5ghz connection:

With Cablecom the Download was 216.80mbps and Upload was 51.40mbps

With Ookla the Download was 155.48mbps and Upload was 51.49mbps with the Ping being 10ms.

On 2.4ghz connection:

With Cablecom the Download was 105.66mbps and Upload was 51.33mbps

With Ookla the Download was 83.45mbps and Upload was 50.65mbps with the Ping being 11ms.

The internet connection has dropped again today when I used my phone and also I tried with Samsung tablet.  It came on after a few tries and then dropped again.  Do you know why the internet also drops connection?

Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @SwissRich,

There are a lot of reasons :

-The first one can be that you are using your Internet  connection by WLAN (WiFi). Using the WiFi, you will never have 500/50. It is always better to use the Internet connecting a device by a ethernet cable when the device allows you to do this.

-The second one can be a technical problem in your region. Maybe, there is an internet congestion (too many customers of upc cablecom using the internet at the same time around you).

-And finally, the third one. Your modem can be defective (very rare).

In your case, I bet more on an internet use by wireless because your upload is perfectly fine and not the download. And you talked about 5 and 2.4 ghz connection. You should try to connect (if it's possible) one of your device to your modem with an ethernet cable. Then, you do a speed test to see if you have 500mbps on download.

Kind regards,
Michael