Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Modem and horizon box

Hello,

I currently have a horizon box and a modem (Technicolor). In order to have a wifi signal, is it needed to have both of them connected or I can get rid off the modem? Thanks,

Enrique.

3 REPLIES 3
Movie Star
1393 725 91

Betreff: Modem and horizon box

You should have Wifi if only the modem is connected. The Horizon should only be for watching TV.

At the moment UPC is more in separating TV and Internet with an additional modem. If I were you, I would stick with the addictional modem. The Horizon is overstrained most of the time  with both.

Does something do not work, or do you just want to get rid of ä second device?

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

No, everything works ok. I just wanted to know if I could get rid of one device and, given that apparently the horizon box provides wifi as well, i was just curious.  Thanks for your reply. Cheers,

Enrique.

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @palencia,

You can turn off the WiFi signal of one of them. To do it, you should have access to the admin part of the Horizon Box or Technicolor modem.

Regards,

Michael