cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

1 0 0

New Connect Box WLAN Signal Strength Is Not Configurable

[EN]

I had a black modem box. Today, I received the white Connect Box that must be set vertically. With the old black modem, I could reduce the WLAN signal strength. How can I do this with the new white Connect Box? If it is not possible: Why? The new box does not give me new features whatsoever.

[DE]

Ich hatte ein schwarzes Modem. Heute habe ich die weisse Connect Box erhalten, die vertikal aufgestellt werden muss. Beim schwarzen Modem konnte ich die WLAN Signalstärke reduzieren. Wie kann ich das bei der neuen weissen Connect Box machen? Wenn es nicht möglich ist: Warum? Die neue Box gibt mir keinerlei neue Funktionalität.

3 REPLIES 3
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : New Connect Box WLAN Signal Strength Is Not Configurable

Good evening @dlgltlzed, welcome to the community!

Yes, it is possible to configure the WLAN strength with the new Connect Box.

To do it, just follow the instructions below:

1. Login into the admin part of the box by onpening a web browser and tapping 192.168.0.1.  You will find the password on the bottom of your modem under Settings password.
  2. On ''Advanced settings'', click on "Wireless" > "Wireless signal"

Choose the configuration you want and then confirm by clicking on ''Adopt changes''

Kind regards,

Michael

1 0 0

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

The menu you mentioned, lists only wireless settings like mode, channel and width. But not signal strenght.

Please advise if there is a way to reduce the singal strenght.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards, Alessio

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @amaiocchi,

Channel width is the equivalent of signal strenght.

20MHz is the lowest and 80MHz is the highest.

Greetings,

Michael