Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

SOLVED
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
7 3 1

New installation - unable to connect to WiFi and no phone signal

I applied for a new service at the Instakom office on Wednesday 5/10and received my Horizon box. They said it will all work when I plug it in at home.

The TV works fine. The Internet set up fine on the box. However I am unable to connect any device fully. It connects but only as "limited " I.e. Useless as I'm unable to make use of the connection. The message on my Dell laptop says that any request is rejected. My Samsung Note 4 connects but I can't access anything.

Additionally I have now phone dialing tone.

I currently only have a foreign mobile phone as I require my permit to apply for a Swiss mobile phone. I've been dialing from my foreign mobile phone and holding a total of at least 40 minutes without being helped. Very expensive without any progress!

Additionally there is no option to request English.

I have already reset the factory settings on the Horizon box to no avail.

Running the tests on the Horizon box says the box and service is fine.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

I have not received a customer number yet. My contract which I have to sign only has an application number and your system says this is not a valid customer number.

Please help! My mobile number is +447813958737.

If I don't progress with this I'll have to try my luck with a different provider.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supporting Actor Film
7 3 1

Re: New installation - unable to connect to WiFi and no phone signal

I called and eventually got through on Sunday. My relocation support person the followed up on Monday. Seems that when they attempted to activate my service on 5/10 the instruction didn't go through completely so my Internet and phone had never been activated. Even though the diagnostic tests on the box said everything was fine. All wax working by Monday night. So much week time I won't get back...

I had also attempted the twitter route and had a reply on Monday. I dm-ed my details and they said they'll look into it... Never heard back..

Thanks for asking...
5 REPLIES 5
Leading Role
229 131 8

When you ring up, although all the announcements are in German, just speak English when they answer and they'll find someone to deal with you (or immediately switch to English if the person who answered can speak it).

Do you have the red "offline" and telephone icons showing on your horizon box?  If so, then it means the Horizon box has no internet. If those lights go out then theoretically it means the box *does* have internet (and landline).  When you connect to it, make sure you're using DHCP - don't force an IP address or DNS address in your laptop/phone settings.

If the red lights are on, then if you have a two-hole connection socket plug the coax cable into the other one. If the box came with an adapter for the cable them try using that.  

If you can wait until Monday, just find your nearest Cablecom shop and pop in there to explain your problem; they all have someone who can speak English and you obviously save money on using your UK mobile.

Supporting Actor Film
7 3 1

Many thanks @adrianlondon.

I don't have the red icons and all the tests run fine. I am using DHCP.

I'll try a shop...
Supporting Actor Film
7 3 1

Actually there is a red phone icon but that's all
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Good afternoon @Ronels14,

Is your problem solved? Did you go to a shop to see what was wrong?

Thanks in advance for your feedback 

Supporting Actor Film
7 3 1

I called and eventually got through on Sunday. My relocation support person the followed up on Monday. Seems that when they attempted to activate my service on 5/10 the instruction didn't go through completely so my Internet and phone had never been activated. Even though the diagnostic tests on the box said everything was fine. All wax working by Monday night. So much week time I won't get back...

I had also attempted the twitter route and had a reply on Monday. I dm-ed my details and they said they'll look into it... Never heard back..

Thanks for asking...